Chapter 35: Departure

Sure enough it did not take Adar long to show up with the dragons who were kept in a separate area.  They frowned upon letting dragons just walk around on the docks as they saw fit.  To many people were roaming around doing things.

"I cannot believe you had to spend that much money.  I thought you were the daughter of a great tradesman."  Adar stated, agitiated but not over the top angry with what had happened.  Tyn just sat on the crate and watched the two of them staying as far out of it as he could.  

Shooting dagger eyes at him she had half the mind to electrocute him.  "I am sorry that my mother forced me to go train to be a binder.  It did not leave me much time to learn his business."  She shot back at him not caring who heard what they were saying.  

"But you had plenty of time to learn how to fight."  Adar shot back at her.  From what he had seen she was not novice when it came to fighting.  

"Well you should have just gotten the ship yourself then.  Not my fault you left us to do it, the other captain would not even talk to me due to my age."  Standing up she stalked away, leaning up against the rail keeping people from failing into the ocean the wind pulling at the bottom of her dress.  

The Captain came over while Yina was taking time to herself and finally introduced himself.  "I am Captain Rilon, we are almost ready to set sail so if you can go collect your dragons and meet me at the outer most ship."  He pointed past all the other ships to the one at the end.  They had seen it being moved over the past hour so that it was ready to set sail.  

"Thank you Captain, we shall be over there quickly."  Adar stated shaking his hand before grabbing the angry Yina.  "It is time."  Looking up they still had a little bit of time before the alleged raid on the village to find them.  Hopefully they would have enough time.  

Yanking her arm free of his grip she stalked past him not saying a single word.  Tyn watching this just shrugged grabbing both packs and heading the opposite way since he had to walk to the ship unlike the other two.  Adar picked up his own pace to catch up to her.  

Before he could even reach her she had already lightning zapped to mount Nyssa wanting to stay as far ahead of him as she could.  Taking to the air Nyssa beat her wings harder then normal kicking up enough dust to momentarily blind Adar.  From the sky the docks were quite a different sight then before.  She could see so many people moving about and six ships of various sizes.  The one she was heading towards seemed to be the largest of them.  

Two floating smaller looking ships were floating to either side of the boat.  Aiming for those she hand Nyssa dive towards them pulling up at the last moment causing both of the dragon boats to move erratically int he water.  With Nyssa being so small it was still easy to land on the boat, but Adar with his large dragon was going to have a bit of a issue.  

Each of the smaller vessels were pretty simple, they were octagon in shape with five or six feet of walls on either side.  Heavy chains connected it to the ship, she was told that dragons could not land on ships often or easily as it could cause them to capsize.  Which with how much some of them weighed that made sense.  Plus if they were on their own little space then they would not get in the way of the sailors trying to sail their ship.  

"I will be back in a bit Nyssa."  Giving her dragon a big hug she jumped up onto the wall.  What she was able to do now that she was bound still shocked her.  With her new physical abilities she was easily able to walk up the large chain with very little effort flinging herself over the railing. 

"Better not forget about me."  Nyssa huffed as she whipped her tail back and forth a bit with a toothy grin.  Shortly after she curled up into a ball and faded to sleep.  Yina hated how she had not gotten to spend more time with Nyssa, hopefully this sea trip would give them that chance.  

Captain Rilon stood near the ramp to get onto the ship and just eyed her a bit funny.  "You know we have a perfectly good ramp you could have used right her."  His voice held a bit of annoyance but not enough to actually worry Yina.  

"Yeah, but that is the boring way."  Before she could state anything else Tyn came up the ramp carrying a bulk of their packs.  Sweat was dripping down the side of his face even in the rather cool morning air.  

The captain led both of them over to a door on the only structure on the top of the ship besides the mast holding up the sails.  "As requested, your room is right here on the upper part.  The other will have to sleep in the same barracks as the sailors.  We typically do not have travelers with us so we do not have a lot of spare rooms." 

Pushing open the door he handed her a key, the room was as she expected pretty basic.  A window that was currently open stood on the outside wall.  Placing her hand on the bed it was not quite the quality of the inn's but it was still much better then she expected.  Yina took there stuff and placed it into her room.  She would feel safer with it up here with her, even if the captain probably had another key and could get in if he wanted.  She doubted he would want to pick a fight with two dragon bound though.  

Finally Adar caught up glaring as he leaned against the frame of the door.  "Are you seriously going to act like a spoiled brat?"  She could tell he was not used to someone treating him like this, and that secretly made Yina happy.  

"Well, you told me to act the part, so here I am acting the part."  Crossing her arms she sat on her bed and just gave him a large sly smile.  

Rolling his eyes and grumbling, "Well, you got me there.  I think it is best if I hold onto our money, i doubt they will try anything but well I am the better combatant and unlikely target for them."  Adar was trying not to make it sound like he was belittling her but she still took offense to it.  

"Fine, but if I remember right you needed help to win your fight not me."  Walking past him she shoved the rather light bag of coins into his gut causing the wind to rush out of him.  The force also helped move him out of the door frame as she closed the door as she passed turning and locking it with a quick twist of the key.  

Before they could say anything else the ship jolted a bit almost causing her to lose her grip.  It was not until this moment that she felt the swaying under her feet, she could not remember that feeling from her childhood.  

"WE ARE SETTING SAIL." The captain yelled as the sails above them unfurled causing a huge gust of wind to hit them, Yina's dress whipping around at her legs.  Tyn had made his way back up to the deck excitement on his face helping Yina forget to be made at Adar.  A equally large smile came across her face as both of them quickly ran towards the front of the ship.  

Several sailors cursed at them as they slid to a stop at the front looking out at the endless vastness that was the sea.  "Wow, I would have never imagined something like this.  Thank you for letting me come with you on this silly adventure."  Tyn stated giving Yina a large hug, it lasted only a few seconds before he let go just as quickly as it started.  Blush covered both of their faces as the wind propelled the ship out of the port.  

They had done it, the first part of their task was complete.  They had gotten a ship to take them to Alary, looking up it was still a bit from midday as well.  Yina could not believe that for once something was going according to plan.  "Nyssa, come here please."  Yina sent out letting her dragon know where she was on the ship.  

Moments later and Nyssa was hovering next to the ship her face full of the same excitement the other two had.  "Tyn, lets take a ride."  Before he could even argue she pushed him to the edge giving him only one choice and so he pulled himself onto Nyssa's back.  With a flash of lightning Yina also mounted the dragon.  

"I cannot carry you guys long."  Nyssa stated, as she took off into the sky her wings furiously pumping against the wind.  Circling around she went into a glide, Yina could feel that they were falling faster then they should be the sight they saw was breathtaking.  Bredan was slowly disappearing behind them and the sea just kept going in front of them.  

"Well we both wanted to get out of Sastan, might not be the way we wanted but we did it.  If we get a chance I will bind you to a dragon I promise Tyn."  Yina shouted to him fighting with the wind.  

Tyn's arms tightened around her waist having been using them to keep from falling the entire time.  "Thank you, so much for this."  Only a few minutes passed up in the sky before the three circled back down to the ship.