Chapter 43: Rebel Lily

The lift was quite smooth, occasionally it would shift ever so slightly but all in all it was relaxing.  Only minutes passed and they had made it to the surface, when the doors opened though, Yina's breath caught in her mouth.  

Bright light spilled into the lift as a very luxurious room was in front of them, black wood with a finish that caused it to reflect the light instead of absorb it covered the floor.  Stepping out the walls were of a rich red wood.  Gold trim with the most elaborate designs lined just about everything.  

"Welcome to the Rebel Lily, they own the Roost.  It is also the most sophisticated den of well criminals."  A chuckle left Adar's mouth as he saw the look that Tyn gave him, his hand flashing to his sword and the paranoia setting in. 

"A den of criminals?"  Tyn remarked giving Adar a dirty look as he went back to eye anyone that was near them.  

A hard slap on the back sent the man two steps forward.  "Yeah, assassins, mercenaries, thieves, most of those kinds.  Keep your cool though, this is the safest place in probably the entire world."  He explained as the trio moved out of this room into yet more lavish rooms with similar design.  

A small little cough left Yina's lips.  "So explain to me why this is the safest place."  She eyed him very skeptically as they continued into what seemed to be the lobby of the establishment.  Everyone that she saw was in nicer clothes, for a place of criminals she expected them to be well more raggedy and less noble like.  

Stopping at least ten feet from the reception desk he spun around to face the two of them.  Tyn still not looking comfortable at all.  "Well, several reason's but mostly because of the rules in place here.  If you are caught doing any crime inside of this establishment you will have a open bounty in every kingdom."  

"The other well, you can only enter the building through the lifts, the front door, and well the servant entry's.  Every other way is runed to keep people from entering from the outside.  When you house the worlds most notable criminals well you can afford such things."  He finished explaining and moved gracefully towards the desk.  

The woman behind the desk smiled at Adar clearly noticing who he was.  She wore a very firm fitting dress made of what looked to be pure gold stitched onto white.  Lilies ran where what was made out of the gold stitching which well made a lot of since to Yina.  

"Adar, welcome back.  Would you be liking your usual place?"  She asked already moving to get everything in order for the man.  

Clearing his throat he nodded towards the two next to him.  "No, not this time.  I will be claiming the Hydra suite actually."  SHATTER, a vase that had been next to the woman had been clipped as she spun in shock at what the man had said.  Shards of the crystal vase scattered across the ground in all directions.  

Staff immediacy rushed over to clean it up as the woman worked very hard to compose herself.  "Well, I am sorry Adar, but you know that is only allowed for well the Hydra."  Her face was red from the accident as well as having to explain this to Adar.  

Rolling his eyes he looked back at Yina and gave her a wink.  "This never gets old."  He stated as he reached into his jacket to the hidden pocket yet again.  Seconds later another envelope with the Hydra seal was produced and handed over to the woman.  "This should explain it all Rosie."  

"For the last time, my name is not Rosie."  She snapped at him at the same time she yanked the envelope out of his hand.  Pulling out what looked to be a alchemy set she mixed a fluid in a jar and then put one single drop on the seal.  A puff of green smoke came off of it and she scoffed looking back at Adar.  "Well, at least you were not dumb enough to use a fake to do something like this."  

Ripping open the envelope she stopped and eyed the two in his presence and then locked eyes with Yina.  "What is your fathers favorite snack?"  

The direct and out of the blue question made Yina stammer a bit. "My dad's favorite snack???"  Rosie, or whatever he actual name was tapped her finger in impatience and just nodded with hat look of answer today please.  "Any pie, but mostly Dragonberry pie."  Yina answers worry clearly on her face.  

"humph, correct."  The tone of this receptionist was not thrilled or excited that she had answered right.  "Adar, you live another day it seems."  With that she opened what seemed to be three separate safes before producing small discs for each of them.  "Here are the room keys, any property damage though is coming out of you though."  She glared at Adar as he turned just a bit red in the face.  

"Thank you, our things should be here already?"  He asked with confidence but it was still a bit questioning as he slipped his disc into his pocket.  With a clap of her hands servants who had been nearby vanished and reappeared with all of there things.  How they had known was beyond Yina but honestly a place of this caliber was sure to be full of mystery.  

Nodding his head Adar just turned and motioned for them all to follow as the servants carried their things about ten paces behind them.  It was quite silent as they made there way to a new set of lifts and rode them up as high as they possibly could go.  

As soon as the lift opened the barrier could be seen in front of them.  Holding up his disc to a corresponding area the field dropped and as long as he held it there it stayed down.  This allowed the servants time to move all of their things into the room before exiting.  "If you need anything else sir, do not hesitate to call on us."  Another outrageous tip later and they had vanished down with the lift leaving the trio to the esteemed Hydra Suite.  

"Wait, is this basically a house on the top floor?"  Yina asked as she could clearly see that it was.  Moving forward the interior was lavish like below but had more comfort to it.  Warm colored rugs were placed on the floor and exquisite pieces of furniture.  Moving past the entry room she found herself in a lush living room with three couches and two fireplaces.  One was made out of black marble the other of white marble.  Both had veins of red running through them, Yina had never seen anything like it.  

A grand chandelier was above them that at first looked like a well lavish but normal chandelier.  Upon closer inspection thought each of the necks that held light was a neck and head of a hydra the light in the middle of their mouths.  "They really like to flaunt that hydra thing huh."  Yina muttered as she continued on into the next room.  

It was just a hallway with at least five doors on either side.  "So pick a room, and in the middle of the door with be yet another rune disc.  Once you pull it from the door it will then be well only opened by you."  Adar explained as he quickly moved to the third door on the left and snatched it up.  

"Yina, take the one at the end of the hall, its your grandparents room."  Adar stated as he grabbed Tyn by his shoulders and pushed him to the last door on the right.  "Since you will want to be close as possible to her this one should do.  I know the rooms because I used to be a guard for them and spent a lot of time in here."  Adar explained to the interested looks the duo was giving him.  

"Your cool, or whatever, we get it."  Yina stated with a huge eye roll and pushed past them snatching out the rune in the door and pushing through it.  Her breath catching as she entered it.  She had been born noble, and had been spoiled her entire life, but this room was just something else.  

The bed was huge, easily twice the size of any bed she had ever seen.  It had dark purple curtains hanging from the brilliant white posts that surrounded it.  The floor was fully carpeted with what looked to be the softest stuff she had ever seen.  Two balcony doors could be seen across the room.  Another fireplace was to her right across from the bed.  It was marble as well but this time it was a mixture of the black and white.   

"Well get very comfortable, this is going to be where we will be for the next few months."  Adar stated with a smile.  He was clearly enjoying this far to much as he whistled back towards his room and pushed through the door.  

Giving Tyn a tight hug Yina smiled.  "We are safe, for the first time in a long time.  We made it."  The final bit was whispered into his ear as she pushed him back with a smile and quickly moved into her room sliding into the covers almost immediately passing out.  

The End of Book One