Chapter 24: Revelations

"Yina, YINA!!!" Tyn screamed feeling her neck for a pulse.  It was there, however it was erratic beating faster then should be possible.  "Hold on will you."  He pleaded as he held her in his arms lighting striking above them in defiance.  

"She should be fine."  Nyssa whispered into his mind as she slowly pulled herself off the ground.  One of her wings definitely was not in the proper angle, it had broken upon impact.  That was not the only thing different about the violet dragon.  Nyssa had grown almost double in size, she now was closer to the size of a full grown horse.  Her horns had extended another six inches become quite deadly.  

"You grew?"  Tyn asked, momentarily forgetting that Yina was in his arms in danger.  

"The influx of magic in me caused it, but we need to get to that cave."  She forcefully stated limping across the clearing towards the other side, scooping up Tyn's dropped packs as she went.  Tyn followed, making sure to be careful with Yina the sword still sticking out of her arm.  The rain was doing a good job to wash the blood away, hopefully keeping it clean.  

A hour passed before they made it to the cave Nyssa had found.  The rain had caused the dirt to become unstable mud.  It was already hard enough for Tyn to carry Yina without that added issue.  Nyssa assisted where she could picking him up with her mouth and placing him on higher ledges.  

The cave itself was not huge, but it was large enough to easily fit all three of them with room to spare.  Tyn quickly pulled out all of the sleeping bags and other materials he could to lay Yina on.  "We should remove the sword."  Tyn insisted as he reached to grab it.  

"No, as long as the storm rages it would be unsafe."  Almost to verify her statement lightning struck not to far from the entrance spraying mud everywhere.  "Without her magic it will stop coming towards her."  

Growling, Tyn instead turned to pulling out dry tinder they had stored in case of the rains.  Not long later and a fire was roaring, giving the three of them a warm place to rest.  "Why is it not striking at you?"  

"When I forcefully removed Yina from me, she pulled out all of my magic.  It will probably take a few days before I recover."  The dragon's eyes never seemed to leave Yina as she spoke to Tyn.  It was strange to see worry on a dragon's face.  

Yina on the other hand was still unconscious, her body would shake occasionally little sounds escaping her lips.  "I can sense that she is living one of my ancestors memories."  Nyssa muttered hoping to calm both Tyn and herself.  

---

Sharp pain ripped through Yina as her body became substantial again.  The last thing she saw was Tyn running to catch her and then darkness.  

A familiar sensation came over Yina as everything around her changed.  She was standing in a majestic building, gold and silver plated just about all of it.  Looking down she saw that her feet, or hands were that of a golden dragons.  Power similar to what she had felt when she had became the storm reverberated through her very being.  

Two horse sized dragon's burst through a set of doors skidding as they raced around the corner.  The leader was a brilliant blue color, with feathered wings extending from her back.  The feathers were varying shades of blue and violet giving it a magical look.  

Behind her was a dragon that seemed very familiar, it looked like a smaller version of Nyssa's mother.  Her wings were even more see through now then when she had last seen the dragon.  The joyfully rushed past in a blur of scales.  

"Now children, calm down.  The ritual is about to begin and you must be on your best behavior."  Yina felt herself say as she followed the little ones out of the large doors into a huge open area.  Humans and dragons alike had gathered, a man with a crown standing in the middle of a circle left open near the door they had just left.