Chapter 12

"Roses are red, violets are blue. If you dare to touch her, I will kill you."
____________

"Chaeyoung... sunbae?" She squinted her eyes at me to make sure I was really the one she mentioned. I stood up and smile at her while my other hand was returning the pocketbook.

"Hey. Daisy. Nice to see you here and please just call me Chaeyoung-ssi." If I remember correctly, she's one of Yeri's circle of friends. She then walked towards me with a small smile.

"Alright Chaeyoung-ssi, And Me too." She replied and grab a pocketbook.

"So, you like reading books, Chaeng-ssi?" I just hummed as I also look for a nice book.

"Just to, you know, escape from this cruel reality." I heard her chuckle so I looked at her. I just caught her smiling and it was mesmerizing.

"Cruel reality, huh. Are you perhaps, pertaining to someone or something, Chaeyoung-ssi?" I just chuckled, still checking the books. I almost forgot that she knows about me and Daisy.

"Nope. I don't know." She laughed again and that just made me smile. But then I turn to her as I bit my lip.

"Daisy?" She glanced at me and hummed. "How's, um, Yeri? I mean, have you guys talked? Personally? Or maybe on the phone?" She just looked at me and nodded while reading a book's summary.

"She's okay, Chaeng-ssi. I don't know why but we can only talk to her through messaging. We even tried to have facetime with her or even call her but she just keeps on ignoring it." I just nodded. I'm relieved to hear that but I just clenched my fists as I took a deep breath.

"Did she... um, did she talk about... me?" She then looks at me with an apologetic look and shook her head.

"Sorry, Chaeyoung-ssi. We did try but it seems that she doesn't want to talk about it." I just sigh and continued checking books with her.

I still don't know the reason why she stood me up and not even texting me while she's texting her friends. And I also care for her though. She's a hoobae anyway.

"You done, Chaeng-ssi?" I was back to my feet when Daisy just burst my bubble of thoughts.

"Yeah." I smiled at her as I picked out 3 pocketbooks and we went to the counter.

I'm surprised that Daisy was kind of talkative since when in school, she would just listen to her friends. We decided in the end that we're going to eat dinner together since I'm really having fun talking to her about books.
We then enter in a certain restaurant as the waiter then gave us a table set for two and their menu. We just ordered a whole spicy roasted chicken and kimchi fried rice and Cola.

We are actually damn hungry. Maybe because we talk too much and she's fun to be around.

I volunteered to pay for everything but she insisted that she'll pay half of it so I let her. We just waited for the food to arrive.

"You should've read the fifty shades series Chaeyoung-ssi. It's better than the movie." I just laugh in amusement.

"You already read that?" She just smiled and nodded.

"Yup. That's why I told you it's better than the movie because it's not that explicit for me." I just nodded.

"Ah. Okay, I get it. I guess I'll buy that soon." She then smiled as she took something from her bag while I'm just tapping my fingers on the table.
I look around just to see someone staring at me because I still feel being watched. The hairs on my nape are still standing and I just keep on rubbing it just to ease the feeling.

"Here." She then pushed a pocketbook towards me on the table which I took it and check it out.

"What's this?"