Part 11: Karlnap is oblivious and I think Alex is getting jealous

Karl's P.O.V.:

I was looking forward to the dance. Although the suits from the Victorian era are not very comfortable. Which is why I decided to alter mine so it would look a little more like my style. Which meant making the suit sleeves, and torso different colors. I also made the pants mismatched in color. I looked like if I decided to become a very unfashionable business man.

Apparently the suits were always worn with a baggy coat over, but because I would never wear that many layers at one time in the summer, I decided that I wouldn't wear it.

I meet up with the Mr. Beast gang and decided to play some games on my phone because I was bored and had nothing to do besides making sure my suit wasn't ruined.

As I was about to beat the level on candy crush I've been working on for the past couple of days, I get a notification. Something about Sapnap needing help getting ready. Apparently he doesn't know how to tie his tie and the rest of the boys in his suite for some reason refused to help him because it would be a 'learning experience' for him.

I thought it was amusing so I decided to just send him link to a YouTube tutorial for his dilemma. I thought that Sapnap's group would be sad that the fun was over, but he can't go to a ball without a tie. Obviously, I was one of the only ones on the MrBeast team that actually had an appropriate outfit. Everyone else had normal modern day suits on. After I got bored of playing Candy Crush, I decided to scroll through YouTube.

Rae's P.O.V.:

Well, that didn't go as planned. Like at all.

I was mingling with some other streamers and stuff because I was bored when Lily comes up to me and asked if I checked the 'group chat' recently. Of course I said no, I was busy being a social person for once.

That was when I decided to check the group chat. By that we mean the matchmaker one.

Apparently plan A didn't go as planned at all. The first part went into play where no one would help Sapnap with his tie with the excuse that it was funny.

But when Nick asked Karl for help, we thought that Karl would come over and do it for him, but no. He apparently just gave him a YouTube link to help him.

Ugh! This ship just had to be a slow burn thing. Great. Hopefully this ship happens soon because I have a bunch of ships to sail before the end of the tour and I didn't want to rush the other ships too much.

Obviously the two would be a hard nut to crack. Great. The first ever actual challenge for the matchmakers. (Aka our group chat)

Anyway, the ball/banquet thing was about to begin and we were all hyped up. Miyoung even heard that they had a local dance instructor to show us how to dance properly at the ball show up.

When the door to the ballroom opened up, we flooded in, the tables were Hogwarts dinning hall style, but there was a big space in the middle for dancing. We walked around and McKenzie came over on a mic saying that we should find our seats at the tables. She also said that switching was allowed.

And with that, a big board with color coded table diagrams and our names on our respective seats attached by velcro. Luckily, our group chat had made a plan b. Sadly the plan b wouldn't work. But our modified plan c for aranged seating at the ball would work. We started switching seats.

Karl and Sapnap were oblivious as ever resulting in them agreeing to switching seats. We wanted them to agree so we made sure that their friends were nearby. At the end, the table row which originally had the Dream SMP members, and some OfflineTV people with some random streamers sprinkled in the mix ended up with all the people in the matchmaker GC and the ship. Sapnap and Karl sat next to each other with Dream and George on Sapnap's left.

Due to some last minute complications, the MrBeast crew joined the table. This ball was going to be very interesting. And I hope to God that this would work, or else this might be a fail. Or maybe it just means that this relationship was sinking because they were shy. Or they were just really oblivious and dumb. Either way, we needed them to have their first moves soon. Preferably tonight.

Wilbur Soot's P.O.V.:

This was a really fun night. After all the hectic things that happened at the tour event, we coyld finally have some time to party!

Me and Nikki were sitting together. I was glad to be able to spend time with my friends and stuff but I couldn't help but notice that Nikki seemed a little distracted. At first I just thought it was because her dress was uncomfortable. Belive me, if I was wearing that, I would be tripping and falling everywhere I went. Not to mention that the corset would never work. I would suffocate to death before I could complain about it.

But after a while, I realized that she was looking at Nick and Karl a lot. I don't know why but I was upset because of that. So I decided to start a conversation.

"So, when's the next time we can do some DreamSMP role-playing?" I asked.

"Maybe when we get to North Carolina, but I was thinking of doing some role-playing at a convention. What do you guys think?" Said Dream.

"Um, I wouldn't mind role-playing at a convention." Said Karl. "What about you, Nick?"

"Whatever you guys decide. I don't really care that much." Replied Sapnap.

As that was decided, I decided to ask why Nikki kept looking at Karl and Nick. (Totally not that I was jealous or anything...)

"Hey, why do you keep looking at Karl and Sapnap? I know Karl's outfit is a monstrosity but looking at it for this long is scaring me. I'm starting to think he accidentally hypnotized you." I whispered to Nikki.

"Was I? Sorry. To be honest, I'm not allowed to say why I'm staring, but I think the team won't mind. Y'know when there was a natchmaking GC to get Clay and George together? Well Georgw wanted to do Nick a favor and pair him up with Karl." Replied Nikki.

It was an understatement to say that I was surprised. I was honestly shocked that they were playing matchmaker. But I decided to promise not to spill. Mostly because I wanted to see how this would turn out.

Word count: 1144