Chapter 12 | Unwanted Visitor

I'm confused. Why hasn't this come to me before? "Oh my god," I say. "I was..." I can't even say it as I'm shocked. This had happened s few weeks ago and im now realizing it. "This is all my fault. I was too drunk and-" I start crying. A hand warps around me.

"Hey, it's not your fault." I look at Caleb, confused. Why is he saying that? Of course it's my fault. I didn't do anything to stop it. But I don't respond because I can't stop crying. "I may not know what happened exactly but you obviously didn't know who it was so I'm guessing you didn't want this to happen."

We are right at the top of the Ferris wheel and the view looks amazing. You can see the whole fair from here. Caleb asked, "Have you told the police or someone?"

"No," I reply. "The only people who know are you, Sabrina and my parents. Can we change the subject? I don't want to talk about it anymore."

Caleb hesitates for a moment. "Okay, but you won't be able to get on any rides since you are..."

"So, how's the band doing?"

"We're still practicing in our garage. We're getting better though. Hopefully we will be getting gigs soon." He doesn't sound excited or happy at their improvement. The news is still in his head.

I spend the rest of the day sitting on benches by the rides they get on. Caleb gets on the first few rides but then sits by me. At the end, we take Sabrina and John home.

We are sitting in Caleb's car in front of my house. "Thanks for driving me home. Can you not say anything to anyone about me." I say.

"Yeah. You can trust me." I open the car door and walk towards my front door. He doesn't leave until I'm inside. I see my mom and my dad sitting on the couch with another woman. She is wearing a black uniform with a badge. She is a police officer.

I ask, "What's going on?"

My parents respond, "This is officer Sarah. We asked her to come. We thought you should tell them what happened at the party."