Chapter 24 | Sabrina

In picture top is Penelope's and bottom is Sabrina's. Will make sense later.

After what I just heard Sabrina's mom tell me, there was no way in hell I wasn't going to the hospital. Thankfully it was Saturday and not a school day. I don't think I could have waited all day.

Once we got into the hospital's parking lot my parents hadn't even finished parking the car when I opened the door.

"Penelope!" I heard my dad screaming after me.

"Meet you in her room!" I was able to say before closing the door. I run as fast as my little legs could take me. I didn't even stop when a doctor told me to slow down. I was very impatient when the elevator wouldn't hurry up. I kept clicking on the fourth floor button hoping it would make it go faster.

"That won't make it go any faster." I jumped and turned around to see a woman probably in her thirties.

"Sorry." As soon as the doors opened, I zoomed over to Sabrina's room. I didn't even knock. I just opened the door. Just like I've been told, there was Sabrina. Her parents and brother were already here. Her mom was already tearing up. I started crying, too.

"Bri!" I ran to hug her put might have squeezed a bit too hard. "I can't believe you're awake!" I start smiling and grinning like an idiot.

"Ow ow ow. Too hard too hard."

"I'm so sorry. I just can't believe you're finally awake!"

"Just one question." Sabrina said.

"Anything."

"Who are you?" Just like that my smile was wiped away from my face. She doesn't remember. She must have had memory loss. But how could she forget me? She suddenly started smiling. "Kidding, best friend."

"Oh my gosh! You almost have me a heart arrack!" Sabrina was cracking up. I'm glad she was able to laugh and not have one emotion like she had for the past three weeks. "If you weren't already hurt, I would have punched you."

"What's this about punching?" At that moment my parents walked in.

"George. Mary. So good to we you here." Sabrina's father says.

"How long have you been awake?" I ask Sabrina.

"Not long. My parents filled me in on what happened. I'm so sorry about the baby, Pen." She hugs me and a tear goes down my cheek. I wipe it away quickly.

"It's okay. I'm just glad that you're okay."

"Of course I'm okay. I would never leave you."

Caleb comes a few minutes after and we all catch Sabrina up. Sabrina was able to go back to school on Wednesday day. She has a little trouble walking and doing other stuff. But she is getting better with physical therapy.

On Wednesday on the bus, everyone is so happy to see Sabrina. They're all so happy that she got better. The principal even announced that she is back. On our way to homeroom. Amanda stops us. Great way to go back to school.

Amanda is in front of us. But we're ready to take on any insult she has. We survived a car crash for gods sake. Not everybody, though. "I'm glad you're feeling better." Then she just walks away.

"Did something happen while I was gone or did I hit my head harder than I thought?"

"I have no idea what's up with her." I felt arms wrap around my waist from behind and kiss me on my cheek.

"Good morning, princess." A smile instantly appeared. I didn't have to see who it was to know.

"Barf." Sabrina pretended she was vomiting. "See you in class." She walked away, leaving me and Caleb.