Chapter 1 | Just The Beginning

I wake up in an unfamiliar room. I look around and there is a desk at the corner of the room along with a computer I've never seen before. There are paintings hanging on the walls. The decorations are basic. Nothing to special. To my right there is a night stand with a lamp on it and to my left a dresser against the wall with my purse on top of it. The room seems to belong to neither female or male. It must be a guest room. What kind of guest room has a computer?

Here I am asking all the "important" questions when I'm on a bed. Naked. I have no memory of what happened last night. My head hurts like hell. There is some beer on the dresser along with another bottle that says Vodka. Oh great. I think I have a hangover. Not that I would know. This is the first time I've ever gotten drunk. If I even got drunk. I can see my clothes scattered on the floor. My blue halter and skinny jeans on the floor with my heels. The heels I only use to party. I guess that explains why I'm drunk.

But I still have idea whose house I'm at. I get up and just stand there wondering what could have happened. Wait. Waking up naked, on a bed, someone saying they had an amazing night. Oh no. I had drunk sex at a party. Oh god no no no. Josh! How am I going to tell him that I cheated on him. I quickly put on my clothes to get out of here.

I can't believe this is happening. I grab my purse from the dresser and exit onto the hallway. There are beer bottles and cups everywhere as well as decorations of the party on the wooden floor. There is a dead end to my right so I decide to go left.

There is a guy passed out on the couch as I go downstairs to leave. This is house is huge! I'm still wondering whose it is. There is a chandelier hanging from the top, an amazing kitchen with a long dinning table with a center piece on it. The living room looks fantastic considering the whole house is trashed from the party. The decorations even look priceless. I try to maneuver my way to the door without damaging anything even though the place is already trashed.

As I walk outside I check my phone. 12:47 pm on August 8th 2015. The houses in this area are basically mansions. I look around and realize I have no way of getting home. I decide to call Sabrina since I have no idea where I am.

"Hey, Penelope! Where'd you go last night? I looked everywhere for you but no luck. I decided to come home and hoped you would take a taxi or something since I was supposed to be our designated driver."

Sabrina and I have been best friends as long as I can remember. She uses her parents car sometimes. We have always been truthful to one another and tell each other everything. We are sophomores in high school now. We aren't really "popular" but we aren't really "outcasts" either. As a freshman we didn't get invited to parties much but somehow we got invited to this one. I'm guessing this was an "end of summer" party sort of thing before we go back to school in a about 3 weeks

I respond by saying, "Right. Um. I have no idea what happened last night or where I am. I just woke up. Can you, uh, come get me please?"

"Yeah. Of course. I'll be there as soon as I can," she says in a worried tone.

It doesn't take long before she arrives. She get out of the car and she hugs me when she says my worried/scared face. She pulls away and asks, "What's wrong? Are you okay, Pen?"

"Yeah, I'm fine." I pause for about three seconds before tears start coming out and I say, "No. I uh, I don't remember what happened yesterday at all and I uh... I think,... I think I had sex." I remember how we told each other how supportive we would be whoever lost their virginity first. How we would tell each other about it but not too much though. But this didn't feel like a time to celebrate and Sabrina knew it. "I don't even know who it was with."

"Oh my god, Pen." She hugs me again and I hug her back. "Let's get you home and talk about this okay? You're parents aren't home so we'll be safe of anyone hearing."

I just wish I could be save from everything.