Chapter 19 | Homecoming

It's a few days before homecoming night, Caleb, Sabrina, Marcus and I are at lunch discussing the time we're picking everybody up. Everybody is excited for homecoming. Especially those running for homecoming Queen and King.

"Okay, so Marcus, Penelope, Sabrina and I will all ride in Marcus' car seeing as he is the only one with a car," Caleb states.

"That's right." Marcus says proudly. "Sophomore and I already have a car."

"That's because you got held back a grade." Caleb retorts. A few giggles escape my mouth. Marcus stares at me and I stop.

"Marcus will pick me up first then we'll pick you guys up at..." He waits for an answer knowing we'll be getting ready together.

"My house," I say.

"Okay then. I've got to do some stuff before lunch ends so I'll catch up with you guys after." Caleb says. He and Marcus leave when Giselle sits by us.

"Hey guys."

"Hey." Sabrina and I say.

"Caleb still hasn't asked me to homecoming," she says sadly. Sabrina looks at me.

I sigh. "Um. Caleb isn't going to ask you."

"What? How can you say that? You don't know that!"

"Actually I do. He asked me." I let that last sentence hang in the air.

Giselle stares at me in disbelief. "When?"

"Before we bought our homecoming dresses."

"You knew then and you didn't tell me? Instead you lied to me. You kept my hopes up? Why?"

Sabrina spoke up, "Well, technically she didn't lie to you. She just kept it from you."

Giselle stares at Sabrina. "Sorry. Just trying to make it better." She puts her hands up in a don't-attack way.

"I didn't want to hurt your feelings. You just seemed so happy when you talked about him. I'm sorry."

"You could of just told me. Yes, I might have been upset and a bit sad but instead you lied to me!"

"Giselle." She stands up and storms away, ignoring.

"Great." I say sarcastically.

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

"Should I wear this lipstick or this one?" Sabrina ask me showing me a lignt red and a nude lipstick. We're in my room getting ready and we're adding the finishing touches before we head off to the dance. I have my hair half up, half down. The part of my hair that is down is in curls.

I think about it and finally say, "Whatever you want. They both look good on you."

"You're so indecisive."

"I know. That's a bad thing about me."

"It's not bad. Just annoying." She applies the red lipstick.

"Honey! Caleb and his friend are here!" My mom screams from downstairs.

"Let's go," I tell Sabrina. Sabrina and I head downstairs.

I see a handsome Caleb in a suit. Or is it a tux? I've never been able to tell the difference. He has brunette, messy hair that looked hot on him. When he sees me a wide smile appears on his face. A smile appears on my face too.

"You look amazing," Caleb compliments me and I can't help but blush.

"Thanks. You don't look bad yourself." We walk to the car and Caleb opens the door for me. "Not bad? I told you, that you looked amazing." He says jokingly.