Chapter 17 | Was It Him

Hello! Sorry I haven't updated in almost a forever. :( but I'm back! Also, the picture is of the actor who plays Caleb. Also, THANK YOU SO MUCH for 900 reads!!!! I can't believe it! I just can't. Words can't express who happy and appreciative I am. I love you all.

I have started getting big. I'm starting to show. You can only tell if you look really hard though. Otherwise you'll think I'm just gaining weight. My friend Molly, who is never afraid to tell the truth no matter how much it may hurt, said to me, "Not to be rude or anything, but you need to cut down on the food. You're starting to gain weight."

"Just been really hungry lately," I joke.

"Well, just hope you don't gain anymore. Homecoming is coming up!"

Can't make any promises, I think.

I make my way to class and sit down next to Sabrina while class is chit chatting.

"Okay, so I thought that maybe we can go shopping today after school since it's Friday and all. I also thought that maybe you can-" interrupted her before she could finish.

I wave my hands around saying, "Woah woah woah. What are you talking about?"

"Homecoming. Duh." She says as it's the most obvious thing in the world.

"Well, I'm not going. Not this year anyway. Or any year after I have...You know."

"Oh come on!" Sabrina complains. "You only get one Homecoming dance in sophomore year."

"There are more dances in the year and later in junior and senior year." The bell rings but the class continues chattering.

"Please?"

"Quiet!" The teacher yells, silencing everyone. She starts the lesson, her back facing towards us while she talks and writes something on the board.

Sabrina turns to look at me giving me puppy dog eyes. I turn away and ignore her, acting as if I didn't see her at all.

I can hear a gasp. I can see from the corner of my eye that she makes an exaggerated gesture, from me ignoring her. I chuckle a little bit and feel a ball of paper hit the side of my face. I quickly turn around to face her. She turns her face away, acting as if she didn't just throw the paper at me.

I let it slide and just put the paper in my bag. I feel a rush of nausea. As if a volcano is about to erupt inside of me. I raise my hand asking to go to the bathroom.

"You know the rules, Penelope. Go to the bathroom during passi-. Penelope!" I run out of the classroom before she finishes. I barely make it to the bathroom on time.

On the way in I see Amanda, probably the most popular girl at school. If I could sum her up in one word it would be bitch. But there are PLENTY of words that can describe her. She is popular. A bitch. Gorgeous. A bitch. Snob. A bitch. Insensitive. Have I mentioned she is a bitch? "Why the hell are you throwing up? Did you get sick of your own face? Wouldn't be surprised."

I retort with, "None of your business." I'm usually not one to fight back. I walk up to the sink to clean my mouth.

"I've noticed you've been hanging out with Caleb recently."

"Like I said before. None of your business." She gives me an evil glare. "Don't tell me you like him," I reply jokingly.

"I always get what I want." She walks out of the bathroom, her heels tapping behind her.

Does she actually like Caleb? It doesn't matter though. He likes me, right?

I walk out into the hallway and am making my way back to class when I hear two guys talking around the corner. Usually I wouldn't care. But their topic got me interested.

"Dude, it was you who slept with that mysterious girl at the party wasn't it?" I don't recognize the voice.

A familiar voice says, "Obviously. She just don't want anybody to know for some reason. I bet she lost her virginity to me." I hear a door open and close and realize they must have gone into a classroom. I turn the corner to see who it was, but I only see a door shut.

I walk up to the door and see its Ms. Ketat's classroom. This is first period. Caleb has first period with Ms. Ketat. I did find the voice was familiar... He wouldn't. Would he?

So sorry guys that I haven't uploaded in forever! My internet was out all week too so I couldn't upload and I was waayyyy past my limit on my phone. Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! Who do you guys think it is?