Getting A Gaming Buddy

Playing Among Us and Minecraft with Dream, Sapnap and George has been really fun. Jesse and I have decided that we wanted pets for the apartment. We were thinking of either a cat or a small animal. We are against guinea pigs because they're noisy. 

"What are you thinking that we could get?" Jesse asked as he put on his mask. 
"I'm not sure. Fish could be cool," I replied, putting mine on too. 
"They could be. Or a bird," He said as we walked into the exotic pet store. 
"We could get a parrot or something and teach it to talk," I said and Jesse laughed. 

"Good afternoon boys! Is there anything that I could help you find?" A woman asked happily. 
"Hi! We live in a two-bedroom apartment and are looking for some little friends. We have times where we're home all the time and sometimes that we aren't home that often. Any ideas?" Jesse asked and I looked around a little bit. 
"The first thing that comes to mind would be fish. Are you looking for someone to chill on the couch with?" She asked. 
"Preferably yeah," Jesse replied. 
"Okay, well come with me and we can look around. There are some geckos but they aren't very cuddly, there are some ball pythons or my next recommendation would be bearded dragons," She said. Jesse and I followed her to where the animals are. She talked about all the animals and then let Jesse and I talk to each other for a little while. 

"What do you think?" He asked me. 
"I like the beardies," I said. 
"So do I. They bond with owners, they seem pretty chill and it would be nice to have someone that interacts with us," Jesse said. 
"Alright, we can go get lunch and do some research?" I suggested. 
"That sounds good," Jesse said. Then went to find the woman. They chatted for a minute and then we left. 

We went down the road to a diner and did research while we ate. I was on enclosure stuff and Jesse is on personality and handling stuff. 
"This says that we'd need a four hundred seventy-five litre tank for two adults so if we get one now then that should be fine," I said. 
"Alright and from this, it looks like the beardies would be better for us," He said. 
"Then are we going to do it?" I asked. 
"What are the dimensions of the tank?" Jesse asked. 
"Six feet long, eighteen inches wide and twenty-one tall," I said. 
"I'll see if I can get Jacob's mom to come out. She's apparently been going crazy in the house," Jesse said. Jacob is a friend that Jesse made in class. He has five younger siblings and his mother has a minivan. 
"Okay," I said and smiled. We kept eating and chatted about school and work. His mother is starting to cause problems in the family again. She ran off with some guy when Jesse was fourteen and she's an Albertan Methhead. She likes to cause shit every now and again. Jesse's phone rang and I went to go pay. I tapped my card to pay and then went outside to meet Jesse. My phone buzzed as I went out the door. When the door closed I took off my mask and saw a message from Corpse on Instagram. We've been talking a lot. 

Corpse_Husband: Morning
Me: Morning. How'd you sleep? 

I know that Corpse has trouble sleeping. His time zone is only three hours behind but his sleep schedule is non-existent. It's one in the afternoon here and ten am there. 
"She said that she's going to meet us there in twenty minutes," Jesse said. 
"Okay, let's get over there then," I said and we went back. 

We found the woman again and she took us to go meet the beardies. 
"We have six females. The females can be housed together but the males can't. These two are the youngest ones," She said motioning to two zippy little ones, "These four are getting to one year old," she said motioning to two slightly bigger ones. The two that she just showed us looked at us and came up to the glass and were looking at us. There was just something about their sweet little faces that just made my heart melt. I looked at Jesse and my eyes kind of teared up. 
"These two?" He asked. 
"Yeah," I whispered with a smile. We went and purchased the tank, the things to put in the tanks, some little toys, a few hidey-holes, food and some treats. Jacob's mom met us there and the three of us got it into the van and I sat in the back of her van with the tank and our babies and Jesse met us back at the apartment. We took the babies and little things up to the apartment first and then went for the tank. After we got it upstairs, I sent Grace some gas money and she said that she'd come to help us at any time.