Nightmares

"Dawson, come on. There's no point in running or hiding. I'll always find you," A glitchy voice echoed through the dark and big room. 
"No. You can go fuck yourself," I replied, my voice hitting all four walls. 
"Now now, there's no need for THAT kind of talk," The voice said flipping something in the room over on the word that. 
"Apparently that seems to be the only way to get you to leave me alone. There's no point in chasing me. I don't want to be found," I replied and moved hiding spots. The thing chasing me is large and has a barely glowing outline. 
"Yes you do. You just don't know what you want to find you," The voice replied. 
"That doesn't make sense," I replied. 
"It doesn't have to," The voice said and something was right in my face with an evil smile and a knife, "Gotchya." 

I sat upright in bed and tried to figure out where I was. I was sweating and breathing hard. 
"Okay, okay. I'm in my apartment. Jesse's down the hall and I'm okay," I whispered to myself and tried to calm down. Something hit my window and I jumped. 
"Nope, nope nope nope nope," I said and scrambled for my phone. Could I have gone to Jesse's room? Probably. But did I want to wake him up before a day full of school and work? No. So I did the next logical thing and called him. Well, called him with the FaceTime audio. 
"Pick up, pick up, pick up, pick up," I whispered. 
"Morning?" Corpse asked. 
"H-hi," I replied, pulling my knees to my chest. 
"What's the trouble?" He asked softly. 
"I-I had a nightmare and then something hit my window and I just don't know," I said dropping my head onto my knees. 
"Okay, can you breathe with me?" He asked and we did the deep breaths that you inhale for four seconds, hold for four seconds and exhale for four seconds. We did that about fifteen times because I kept spinning myself out about waking him up or maybe waking Jesse up but Corpse just kept reassuring me that it's okay. We hadn't called before bed and apparently he was still awake. 

"Are you a little better now?" Corpse asked. 
"Yeah. Thank you. Again, I'm sorry about bothering you," I said. 
"Good, you're welcome and nonsense. I'd rather you call me in the middle of the night than you sit there and spin. I know it's easier said than done but I never want you to worry about calling me okay?" He said. 
"Okay. I'll remember that," I replied. 
"Good. Do you want to talk about the nightmare?" He asked. 
"Sure. I'm not entirely sure what happened but I was being chased around a dark room by something and it was flipping furniture and saying that it would find me and we went back and forth and when I told it that I didn't want to be found, it told me that I want to be found but I don't know what I want to find me and when I said that that didn't make sense it said it doesn't have to then an image of a smiling face that was covered in blood and there was a knife. It said found you and then I woke up," I struggled to push out. 
"Oh, I'm sorry to hear that. Nightmares are horrible. Is there anything that you can think of that you're trying to avoid?" Corpse asked. I'm trying to avoid falling for a straight guy. That's for sure. 
"No, I don't think so," I replied. 
"Okay. Then I'm not sure what else to do. Do you want to try to go back to sleep?" He asked and I looked at the time. It's four-0-eight am. 
"Yeah, I think I'm going to try," I said and looked back at my phone. 
"Okay, I can stay on the phone if you'd like?" Corpse offered. 
"You don't have to," I said with a smile. 
"I know but I want to. If it'll help you sleep. I'm working on a song right now anyway," He said and I yawned. 
"If it's not a hassle to you then sure, I'd like that very much," I replied and laid down again.
"You're never a hassle to me. Goodnight, Frosty," He said. 
"That's good and goodnight, Corpse," I replied and went back to sleep.