Chapter 10: Hatred

The night was growing older, and the morning was on the brink of being born again; it was later than you've ever stayed up before. You hadn't wanted to look at the clock for you feared to see the lack of time you would have to rest before you were forced to get up for work, only to preform the same mundane tasks you did every single day for the past few years. You were in you room, laying heavily in your bed, where you would stare at the empty wall that your bed hugged for hours. You were in pain, which pulsated through your body every few seconds. An annoying, dull pain that reminded you of the bastard you pleaded to earlier.

It was a moment you refused to look back at. You never wanted to imagine how pitiful you looked. But, to Cain, it must have been a satisfying sight. Your mind went light as you thought of his touch, the way he held you so gently against his chest as he helped relieve you of your pain. You closed your eyes tightly, you could feel the back of your eyes begin to burn from the tears that were forming. You didn't want to cry, you didn't want to look weak, but it hurt. Your life was a real life hell. There was no way to make it easier for yourself, there was no way to please Cain besides to offer your life to him to do whatever with as he pleased. But, he had intentions to murder you, to devour you. Every bit your your body, and sanity.

Your lip trembled as you remembered your fate. There was no redemption for Cain. In your heart, he would always remain a stain on your life that would be cut short for a demon's selfish pleasures.

"I hate you. Every bit of your existence, your smile, your voice, your body, everything. I hate you. I wish I just rejected your help, I wish I just stayed on the floor. I should have never even given you the pleasure of hearing my voice.", you said as your voice quietly shook from fear and anger.

There was a thought that crossed your mind. You haven't checked your phone all day, yet you remembered it had went off the moment you had passed out. You dreaded that it would be your boss chewing you out for not showing up without at least calling out. Your had shakily reached out to your night stand, weakly grabbing ahold of the device, barely having enough strength to even keep your grip around it. Turning it on, you could feel your eyes instantly well up with tears. Your lip began to quiver, as your eyes shut. You quietly sobbed to yourself; your heart was pounding violently in your chest. In that moment, the anger in your body had melted away as hot tears streamed down your burning cheeks.

Alex

"Hey (y/n), are you running late today?" 8:23 am

"I'm just checking in, it's been an hour, are you on your way? I'm a little worried." 9:47 am

"They said you hadn't called out to work, do you think you could let me know if everything's all right?" 1:54 pm

"The day is almost over, I'm really worried about you. Is there anything you need? Please answer." 7:10 pm

"I'm sorry for bothering you so much today, if there's anything you need please feel free to text me back. I promise I'll be there as soon as I can." 10:27 pm

Seeing these messages made you feel both euphoric and destroyed all at the same time. It felt in that moment that out of everyone in the entire world, there was at least one person bothered by the absence of your presence; something that was worth hanging on to. You lifted your shaky palms to your eyes, vigorously rubbing at the tears that wouldn't stop falling. Snowball hopped onto your bed in reaction to the quiet whimpers that exited your mouth. She gently nudged her nose against the hands that covered your face, causing a pained laugh to break from the sobbing. You gently ran your hand down her body, which she found delightful.