Chapter 15: Cold

Cain looks at you with a straight face; his pale skin almost glimmering in the light of the setting afternoon sun. His hands began to warm up around your's as he cupped them gently. Blood started beading against your cuts as the time passed by and Cain catches notice of this. His eyes slowly drift downward towards your hands and he sighs.

"There, there, these must be painful~", he mumbles under his breath softly before lifting your hands to his mouth, his hot tongue slowly running over them. It was both soft, and slightly rough, like a cat's tongue. He licked the blood clean off your hand, softly licking up your fingers, biting gently on your fingertips. You felt a hot blush creep up the back of your neck, resting there in a moist heat. You watched his tongue gracefully snake around your cuts till you no longer felt any pain.

The cuts had completely disappeared and you watched dumbfounded. You knew Cain had some sort of healing property due to a previous interaction with him, but you didn't know it was to that extent. Cain looks up at you in your eyes, smiling gently at you as your blushed cheeks blare like headlights.

"Your body is heating up my love~", Cain whispers softly to you. You make an angery face at him, slowly pulling your hands away from Cain.

"Don't touch me.", you snap.

"How feisty, [y/n].", he groans with a snarky smile, baring his milky white teeth at you.

He suddenly pushes you, the force sending you falling to the ground. You watch his shrinking figure with terror before shutting your eyes upon impact. The thud was solid, loud, and painful, but not the worst you have been through up until this point. You let out a grunt after hitting the floor, covering your face quickly with your shaking hands out of defense.

"Cain. Stop. It.", you scream, your hands becoming moist with sweat. Your voice was trembling with fear as you yelled to him, but he only closed in on you with the biggest grin painted across his face.

"Or. What.", Cain growls, grabbing your hands and pinning them to either side of your head which forced you to look at him.

Tears began to well up on your bottom lid, but you sucked them back as to not give him the pleasure. You knew what he planned to do with you, and you wanted nothing more than to avoid that from happening.

"I hate you, with all my heart, with every fiber of my being.", you cried out. His eyes flickered at these words, his grin shrunk slightly and he started staring at you blankly now.

"You don't get to hate me.", Cain says, shrinking back from you slightly. His grip on your arms falters just enough for you to rip your hand out from his grip, slapping him dead across the face. The force sent out a loud, sharp sound, and there was silence for a moment afterwards.

His skin felt hot, wet from sweat, and soft. His hair fell in front of his face; your hand hovered in the air for a second before you lowered it and screamed at him in terror and frustration. His horns shimmered so beautifully in the light of the sunset.

"Now get the hell off me you son of a bitch!", you cry out, shoving him repeatedly in the chest until he falls back against the floor, landing on his bottom. He holds up his body weight with one arm as the other hand was used to hold the cheek you slapped. His eyes were wide with shock. He suddenly looks at you, locking eyes with you for a moment. They were gentle, soft eyes, but you only scooted away from him and stood at the corner of your room as he sat there in silence.

He was being awfully docile today, but you recalled what he had mentioned early about Alex's aura. Perhaps that's what was weakening his strength just enough to be somewhat comparable to a human's. You felt the back of your throat burn and twist with emotion as you stared and Cain's helplessness.

"Don't do this, my love.", he coughed out.

"Don't do what? Protect myself? All you've done to me since we met was torture me, hurt me, everything! You threaten almost everyday that you'll kill me! I've tried to be nice to you but nothing worked! I just want you to go away.. Cain, please just go away..", you cried out to him, sobbing gently as he watched you with wide, yellow eyes.

Cain slowly stands up, maintaining eye contact with you throughout the whole movement. His face looks especially pale now. You inch back against the corner of your room as he approached you slowly.

"Maybe you're right. Maybe I should just kill you right now-", he says, lunging at you quickly and grabbing you by your throat with both hands. He slams you hard against the corner of your room, lifting your feet slightly off the ground as he death gripped your small neck. His boney hands tangled around your throat so beautifully.

You spit up slightly from the sudden movement, and you grabbed his wrists out of desperation. You began to cough as the lack of oxygen began to affect you. You clawed desperately at his hands, but he just stared blankly at you with glowing eyes. They were radiating with pure anger.

"Goodbye, my dearest.", he mumbles, squeezing your throat even tighter than before, pressing your body harder against the wall. Your vision began to fade in and out.

"C-.. ain.."

✞✞✞

It was warm and dark. There was silence other than the soft hum coming from your nightstand fan. Its cool breeze shifted your curtains ever so slightly. You opened your eyes to see you were resting in bed; your alarm clock read 3:46 am. The moon was out in all its glory, sending its gentle, white beams throughout your dark room. There was an arm wrapped tightly around your stomach, and a warm, heavy weight behind your body, spooning you comfortably.

The hand was holding tightly onto your flesh. The smell emanating from the body behind you was familiar. You knew it was Cain, even if there wasn't any real proof to confirm that statement. He was burning up, and shivering. You could feel his sweat seep against your skin as he spooned you for what seemed like warmth.

Could this be the after affects of Alex's aura wearing off on him? Cain's suffering with a cold? But why are you still alive?

"My love..-"