Chapter 4: Shopping

The next morning was overcast, and the once colorful sky was reduced to nothing more than a monotone array of greys. You had taken a long, hot shower the night before, making sure to scrub hard at your skin in hopes the scent Cain complained of would disappear. You slowly began to lift yourself up in bed, a dull pain shooting down your sides.

You stared at the white rays that fell through your window, as it was already early noon. You were glad to see that it was Saturday, and you'd be able to relax after a rough past few days. You slid on your bed side slippers and made your way to the kitchen to fill Snowball's bowl with the same pebbles she's eaten since she was adopted. After, you found yourself looking through empty cabinets and came to the realization that you should probably do some shopping today.

The apartment was silent; too silent. You slowly gazed around the living room, but everything was just as it had been the day before. You made your way back to your room to see if Cain would be snooping around in your absence, but it was completely empty.

"Cain?", you called out to the emptiness.

There was no response, and you found yourself become rather uneasy. You decided that if he was out and about terrorizing someone else, then now would be the best time to head out and do some shopping. You made your way to your closet and pulled out a modest outfit. You chose a turtle neck in order go covered your bruised neck, and began to dress yourself.

Everything felt normal again; the way it used to be before he appeared. You looked at yourself in the mirror, combing your hair behind your ear and exhaling softly. You slowly turned the knob to your bedroom door, and just as you pulled it open to allow a small rush of air to enter your room, a large hand grabbed ahold of yours. You flinched from surprise and fear, and held your breath as you turned around to match the familiar hand with it's face.

"Good afternoon, Cain. I was just heading out to do some grocery shopping.", you said sternly, hoping that your fear was being hid well from his burning gaze.

Cain's lips curled up slowly, and he gives you a teethy grin. He slowly releases your hand and takes a step back from you before speaking.

"How about we go together, love?", he says as his eyes soften.

You felt a hot sweat begin to form across your hair line. You swallowed hard at his suggestion, and a wave of confusion filled your mind. His tone wasn't threatening, but his behavior was quick too change. You nervously tugged at your sleeve's cuffs, and cleared your throat.

"H-how exactly do you plan to walk out with me if your horns are- Well, um, out and very not-human?"

Cain seems to glare at that statement, as if you doubted his ungodly ablilty as a demon. He only rolls his eyes as he raises his slender fingers to his horns, whispering to himself before they completely disappear from your sight.

His hair fell beautifully over his face, as his eyes peered out from his silky bangs. The unique yellow they used to be was nothing more than a warm, honey brown now. Your heart began to race ever so slightly, as this tall, toned body hung over you. His lips started to part in order to form his next sentence.

"Is this "human" enough for you, love?", Cain says sarcastically, but a snobby smirk soon appeared on his handsome face.

You almost couldn't focus on his words, nodding quite late to his reply. He slowly twirled a strand of his bangs on his index finger, and then locked his eyes with yours. This caused a hot flush to creep up the back of your neck, quickly turning away from him and walking out to the front door.

Cain was surprisingly kind to you this afternoon, but your mind and heart knew that you shouldn't get too comfortable. Demons are known for their cunning behavior, and right when you begin to trust their charms, they devour your souls heartlessly. But Cain seemed to be in an oddly cheerful mood.

✞✞✞

At the market, you couldn't have prepared yourself for what was to come. Cain's undoubtable beauty was drawing a lot more attention than you would have bargained for. Many of those ordinary girls you once just passed by without a glance began to share many awkward stares. Cain seemed oblivious to the attention, however.

He walked closely beside you, and was actually very entertained with this new enviorment. His eyes lit up with childish innocence at the sight of all the colorfully assorted items that were stacked up on the shelves to be sold. You felt yourself smile just for a small moment, this almost felt like a date.

In that moment you allowed yourself to forget Cain's purpose for his presence. You and Cain made your way around store picking up the usual items, stopping at any of the good deals the store had. Cain slowly loaded the cart onto the belt, and the cashier couldn't help but stare as much as they could before you stepped up to pay.

"Boyfriend?", they ask, smiling kindly at the sight of this unbelievablely handsome man.

You almost dropped the money right out of your hand as they said this. But before you could deny their assumption, you felt Cain's large arm wrap around your waist, pulling you tightly against his body. Your ears heated up, the tips filling with hot blush as Cain smiled back at the cashier.

"Yep! I'm so lucky to have someone like her.", Cain says cheerfully.

You slowly look up at Cain as he said this, and a cold chill ran through your body. He was shooting you an ominous glare, his fangs gleaming as an uncomfortably forced smile plastered itself on his face. You quickly handed the money to the cashier, and loaded your groceries into bags. You suddenly feel Cain tug at your arm as you tried to finish them off.

"Hurry up. Hurry up. Hurry up.", Cain chants threateningly.

Your heart started to pound, his mood took a complete 360 from before. In fact, he seemed furious, but you hadn't a clue on how he got in that mood to begin with. You quickly make your way to his side, his grip crushing your upper arm as he drags you along the busy streets, suddenly pulling you into a garbage alley away from the populated walkways.

He slams your body against the rough, bricked wall, causing the bags of freshly bought groceries to slip from your hands. You shoot a fearful look up at him, but you realise his cheeks were a deep red, his chest was inching back and forth as he panted. His hands were gripping the walls beside your head, and he slowly looks you in the eyes. The honey-brown drained from his orbs, and that fiery yellow returned, causing you to softly reach out to his cheek.

"Are you okay, Cain?", you asked, not realising the dire situation you were in.

"Delicious.. I want to sink my fangs into your flesh and tear you apart limb by limb..", Cain pants as his face falls to your shoulder.

A small pellet of sweat drips off your chin as his hot breath coated your neck. You began to squirm beneath him, causing him to grab ahold of each of your arms, keeping you still.

"Why are you being like this-!?", you cried softly, but he quickly shushed you with the crashing kiss he planted against your lips.

It was a hot moment, his head tilting as his tongue licked along the inside of your mouth, causing muffled moans to slip out as you tried to push him off. You could feel his fangs bite down hard into your bottom lip, causing you to wince in pain. It hurt, but it felt good too. Cain's breathing began to calm down, and he parted his lips from yours.

"C-Cain..", you whimpered softly under your heavy breathing.

"You suddenly became extremely irresistible; seeing you in your natural environment was sexy.", he says with a devious smile.

You slowly look away, blushing your cheeks right off. This demon is somehow causing all these weird feelings to fill your body. You were sure that it was some sort of demonic curse he was placing you under. You couldn't actually be reacting to his words like this naturally. You were both terrified, and attracted to Cain. But the look in his eyes was not of good intention, and he would surely swallow you whole if given the chance.