Chapter 16: Confession

His voice was weak, and frail. His large body trembled in the dark like a scared kitten. His sweat was deep in your clothes causing them to stick against your skin.

"Cain? What's going on?", you ask gently, trying to scoot away from him, but his arm being wrapped around you made it slightly impossible to do so.

"That.. Damn angel..", he whimpers, "he's alot stronger than I thought he was.. His stench is so prominent..".

What exactly did Alex do to me?

"Cain, could you please let me go? I won't run, just let me look at you for a moment.", you call to him, which in response he loosens his grip just enough for you to slip out of bed. You tore the clothes that were plastered against your skin from his sweat off, standing in just your undergarments.

"This is disgusting..", you groan, going to your closet to change onto a sweatshirt. The sweater was large enough to cover the lower part of your body so you opted to wear no pants. You made your way over to the bedside, placing your hand firmly on Cain's forehead. It was hot, burning hot. Your eyes widen slightly from shock as you lifted your hand from his forehead. His forehead was damp with sweat as he shivered under the warmth of your covers.

"[Y/n], I may need to go away for awhile.", Cain grumbles, his eyes closing from his pounding headache.

You look at him in confusion realising his eyes were now staring right at you after a moment of rest. They stared weakly at you, then dropped downward to your body. His cheeks were tinted pink as he noticed you weren't wearing any pants. you noticed this reaction and pulled down on the sweater with a angry look being flashed at the perverted demon.

"How would that make you feel, my love?", Cain asks weakly.

Happy, of course. Please go ahead, just disappear forever if you'd like.

"I-I don't know Cain.", you said with a quiver in your voice. There was a pause between you two and then Cain slowly lifted his upper body from the bed, resting his weight on his forearms. His white button up was plastered against his skin from sweat, a few buttons were undone already, probably to help with heat. He always had a habit of wearing formal attire everytime he met with you. He looked quite attractive in this moment, you thought. His skin had sparkled in the moonlight seeping in from your window.

"You really do hate me, don't you?", Cain says with a cheeky smirk, glancing over at you.

Yes.

"I don't know how to answer that, I'm afraid of you.", you mumbled to him, watching as his head fell backward. His adams apple slid upwards as he swallowed. He let out a hot, breathy exhale and stared up at your ceiling.

"Now that the pigeons have caught onto me, I see that our time may be coming to an end soon.", Cain says, "I want to kill you, so badly [y/n].".

You stepped back slightly, clenching your fists shut at the sound of Cain's words. You felt a lump in your throat, you wanted to run away as far and as fast as you could. Something heavy was in the air, you guessed it had something to do with Cain's sudden illness.

"W-why?", you spit out nervously. You felt your body inching near the door to your room as Cain flopped back onto the bed completely. The springs in the mattress groaned angrily at his weight. You watched as his body lifted up and down with the motion of the mattress before coming to a stop.

"I— I think I'm in love you. You're different, you're feisty, you're aggressive.", Cain says softly, lifting his hands to his face gently. He rubs at his temples slowly trying to dull the pounding in his head.

Time in the room has stopped. Did this demon just confess his feelings for you, after all he's done? He has tormented you for weeks and has the audacity to even spout nonsense of 'loving you'. You stared at him with glossy eyes, your cheeks heating up with a rosy blush. Your palms got sweaty at the sound of Cain's voice, it was so soft, so gentle. It was lovely against the ears.

"The angels know it to. That's why they're trying to stop me from tampering with your soul, they assume you'll amount to great things.", Cain adds with a hint of annoyance in his tone.

You said nothing in response to Cain, which led him to feverishly continue his rambling. His hands move up from his temples to his horns, tracing the twists and turns they formed with his fingertips. His eyes were softly glowing in the light of the moon. They were a vivid yellow, the same yellow as the night you met him. A cold shiver ran down your spine as you remember that night, and though you are still terrified of him, you have become much more comfortable around Cain. Well, comfortable enough to actually dare to lay a hand on him, at least.

"I haven't been able to spend much time with you lately due to the aura they leave behind. Alexander has been leaving his scent behind purposely to weaken me; what a nuisance.", Cain growls under his breath.

"I think you may have also caught his fancy, but I won't let anyone else have you. You're mine, [y/n]. You'll only die by my hand, no one else's."

You stared at him slightly disgusted by what you were hearing.

"You don't love me, you just love to hurt me. No one loves me. If you wanted to kill me just do it now.", you snapped.

Cain looks at you with a gentle smile curled on his lips. He slowly sits up and scoots off the bed, standing up. You watch him with a trembling lip, tripping backward. He makes his way over to you, cupping your cheeks in his soft, sweaty hands. They were so warm; they burned your face as he stared you in the eyes. His eyes were a blinding yellow. They were hypnotic.

"How do you want to die, my love?", he asks softly. His horns glimmered beautifully in the light. You looked up at them, tracing them with your eyes. You gulped, putting your hands up to his, which were still rested on your face. You softly held into his wrists and look back down into his eyes.

"I-I don't know.", you stutter, blushing slightly from the prolonged eye contact. He chuckled slightly, his fangs popping out cutely as his eyes closed from his laughter. He slowly moves his hands into yours, you could smell the sweat on him as he pulled you into a warm embrace.

"Even if you hate me, there is still time left before your soul becomes mine. I plan to spend as much time with your weak, little body as I can~", Cain whispers against your ear softly.

You close your eyes as a heated blush sits at the nape of your neck.

"I need your body, [y/n]."

Huh?

You snap your face away from his chest and look up at him with your face beet red. He wraps his arms tightly around your waist as you tried to squirm away. He looks at you with a straight, yet gentle, face. He didn't emote any malicious intent. He asked you as if asking for your consent for the first time since you've both met.

"W-what-!?", you yell, blushing even harder as you pounded your fists against his sweaty chest, "Let me go you  weirdo!".

"Please, my love. It's the only way to get rid of the Alexander's scent. Let me love you.", he mumbles, closing his eyes as he lowers his face to your shoulder. You were burning up with embarrassment.  There was no way that this was actually happening, his voice was so quiet. He sounded weak, you could feel his body trembling.

"Please—..", Cain whimpers before falling to the floor with a loud thud. You stood there wide eyed, covering your face with your face with hands quickly and squealing like a child.

"C-Cain what are you doing to me!", you cried, tears starting to form in your confused gaze, "I hate you, but.. I can't just.."

"Leave you like this..—"