Chapter 14: Angel

You look over Alex's shoulder to see Cain standing there with a devilish smirk. Cain suddenly rests his hand on Alex's back. Alex snaps his gaze away from you and stares at Cain with wide, terrified eyes.

"Don't you dare, Devil!", Alex bursts out, baring his teeth at Cain like a rabid animal. His grip around your wrists held you tighter, so much so that you squeaked in pain.

You could hear his heart racing; you feel his quickening pulse through his hands as he pinned you down harder. His grip was quivering as you held onto the frog statue harder to relieve some of the pain he was causing your wrists.

"Why don't we show my love what you really are, shall we?", Cain coos softly, "I've felt your presence grow stronger these past few days, Alexander~. You knew I was back on earth, didn't you? That's why you've been stalking my prey?", he adds, suddenly shoving his hand through Alex's back, causing Alex to release a gut wrenching scream. His body contorts in pain and he squirms as pain radiates throughout his body.

"D-don't look [y/n]!", Alex cries out as Cain begins to retract his hand backwards out of his back. He was pulling out two beautifully feathered wings. They were stained with blood, and Cain grips them tightly with a huge smirk painted on his face. The feathers were glued to his hand with blood, pure red and silky.

"Alex, you-"

"What a pretty little angel you are, Alexander. You should have never come here. You should have just minded your own business and stayed up in cloud town.", Cain says with a deep growl. He suddenly swings Alex across the damn alley, warm to the touch from the afternoon heat. Cain looks at you. The force of Alex's body being flung caused you to drop the statue onto the warm ground; you watched painfully as it shatter into many bits and pieces.

"Did you miss me, my love?", Cain hisses at you, his animal-like eyes staring you down with a killer intent.

Alex skids across the ground, grunting as he finally stops moving and slams his fist on the ground from frustration. His wings stretch out fully and he slowly stands up. Some of his feathers gracefully flutter to the ground, burning upon contact. His wings were the most beautiful things you've ever laid eyes on. Softer looking than a cloud, shiny, silky, everything lovely combined into one. A soft white halo began to form above his head. It was a pure white that burned any eyes that stared for too long.

"Leave her alone, Cain. You know you can't keep doing this. You're going to pay for all the humans you torture one of these days.", Alex shouts sternly, glaring at Cain from across the alleyway. Cain smiles sinisterly.

"And who's going to stop me? You and the other pigeons?", Cain snickers, then looks back at you. But you were crouched on the ground picking at the pieces of the broken statue. Your eyes burned with tears. They balanced on your lower eyelid and only when you blinked did they roll down your face. You kept softly wiping at them, holding the pieces of the statue tightly in your hand.

"You mean you weren't hanging out with me because you actually enjoyed my company?", you choked out as you stared at the shattered frog.

"[Y/n] that's not-..", Alex calls out softly, but you cut him off quickly.

"You were just doing all those kind things because of him, weren't you..?", you said, shooting your teary gaze up at Alex. He just stares at you with a saddened expression, not saying a single word in response.

I knew it.

"I'm sorry love. Angels truly show no interest in humans, their sole purpose is to simply just be annoying to beings like myself. He wouldn't love you like I love you, dear~", Cain says with a teethy grin.

You gripped harder onto the sharp, broken pieces of clay that once formed the cute frog statue that Alex cheered so handsomely over. You held the pieces so tight they began to break into your soft, fleshy hands and you shut your eyes.

"Why is everything always your fault..", you mumble angrily.

"What's wrong my dear?", Cain says with a smirk, "Sad that your little angel didn't actually enjoy your time?".

"It's all your fault.."

"It's all your fault!"

You quickly drop the bloodied pieces of clay and stand up, walking towards Cain with a deadly glare in your eyes. In that moment you were so morbidly pissed off that nothing mattered anymore. No one loved you, no one cared about you, no one liked spending time with you. And there was a demon who wanted to feed off your suffering. Life didn't matter anymore, and to be honest, you'd rather just have Cain kill you already. No one can save you, not Alex, not yourself, no one.

You lifted your hand up, and pulled it back, suddenly shooting it forward in the direction of Cain's face.

"Screw you! I hate you! I wish you'd just kill me already!", you screamed as hot tears streamed down your face. But, Cain caught your hand, looking at you with wide eyes. He grips your wrist tightly and you can feel his cold skin prick against yours. The blood pooling up from your palms seeped down your wrists and leaked onto his pale, milky, white hand.

"You're so precious..", Cain whispers and he pulls you into an embrace, "Goodbye Alexander.", Cain says before snapping his fingers. You shut your eyes tightly from anger and squirm around in his grip.

"Wait! [Y/n]-!", Alex screams before getting cut off.

✞✞✞

When you opened your eyes, you saw you were back in your own apartment. You slowly look at Cain with an overwhelming sense of dread filling your body. You could feel the pounding of your heart in your throat. You can see the yellow, animal eyes staring deeply into yours.

"Out romancing the angels now, are we?", Cain groans, letting you go slowly.
"I'm simply too tired to deal with you right now, that angel's aura is all over your body like a bad perfume. How draining.".

You expected to have been smacked around a bit before Cain would have talked to you, but whatever sensation Alex left behind on your body has repelled the demon away. He looks down at his bloodied hands.

"You're hurt, my love. Let me help~", Cain whispers softly, licking the blood off his hands with a handsome smirk. He cups your hands in his, staring down the many mini cuts the shattered clay has cause you. You were still somewhat sobbing over the whole ordeal with Alex, the realisation that he never truly enjoyed your time was enough to send you overboard.

"Why don't you just kill me already, Cain..", you sobbed. Snot was running down your nose, and you sniffed hard at it, "Why do you act so warmly towards me and then the next moment send me to tears? Why?", you added sorrowfully.

"Because I love you, and I want to devour every bit of you."