Chapter 19: Begging

There was an intense stare down between Cain and yourself. His animal-like eyes softly beamed their bright yellow in the gentle light of the moon. His pupils were slit like a snakes; you could see one of his hands ball up into a fist as he takes another step forward toward you. You in return took yet another step backwards away from him, only to be greeted by him just stepping even closer to you.

"S-stay away from me!", you call out to Cain, your voice shaking quietly under your breath. Cain's face twitches slightly in response to your plea, but he continues to walk forward towards you. You look around your small, plain room for anything to throw at him and settled for a pillow off your bed. Chucking the pillow at Cain's face, he quickly blocks it by catching it mid air and slamming it down to the ground with a heavy thump, glaring heavily at you for your weak attempt at escaping. 

"I thought you were better than that, my love. Has it been that long since I last toyed with your puny body? You look scared, I don't want to hurt you.", Cain softly says, a devious smirk curling upwards on his lips afterwards.

In the blink of an eye Cain was right before you, causing you to stumble backwards, tripping on the edge of your bed pathetically. Cain slams down on top of you, pushing your wrists into the bed heavily as he panted like a dog in heat. His fangs glistened as they were coated graciously with the demon's saliva.

"Love me.", he chanted, gripping your wrists so tight they began to ache painfully. Sharp pains ran down your forearms as Cain held you down; your veins went ice cold from fear as he stared at you hungrily.

"Love me.", he repeated desperately.

You stared at his desperation with a heavy heart. You thought to yourself; he probably just wanted to feed off your energy and keep it all to himself because there was no possible way he was actually truly in love with you. At least you thought that. His pale cheeks were flushed red as his eyes staring deeply into yours caused your head to spin. His face inched towards yours, his panting heating up your face. He suddenly runs his rough tongue over your neck as his grip on your wrists loosened.

"A-ah!?", you moaned, wiggling slightly beneath him but to no avail, his weight was much to much for you to be able to squirm away. His tongue snakes its way down to your collarbone. He gently kisses it, before moving back up to your face.

"Love me, dear. Come with me, I promise to protect you with my whole life. I need you; I need your body for all eternity.", he coos, pushing his lips softly onto yours. Biting into your bottom lip gently, his fangs sank slightly into the soft flesh. You whimper softly from the pain but slowly closed your eyes in return. You hated him so much. Why was your heart pounding so heavily in your chest. You could feel your heart slamming against your ribcage as Cain so delicately kiss you. As much as you wished to deny it, it felt good. Real good.

"Say you'll love me back, dearest..", Cain begs softly, moving one of his hands from your wrists and resting it gently on your cheek. You open your eyes again slightly, hypnotised by the blinding yellow of his orbs. You could feel the blood rushing in your body, he looked so divine in this moment. His horns attractively crowned his head, and his fangs so beautifully hung below his upper lip.

"I..", you began to say before a familiar voice fills the room.

"Back off, now.", says the voice demandingly.

Cain's eyes suddenly widen as he screams in pain right on top of you. His face twisted with horror and immense pain as the person standing behind him was Alex, who was actively hurting Cain by creating this beautiful, yet strange shield of light around you and himself. Cain refused to let you go and wrapped his arms around your body as his skin and clothes began to burn away from the shield.

"C-Cain!? Let go!", you panicked, you watched him refuse and burn. Alex's brows furrowed into his forehead as his hand rose to the ceiling, causing the shields to grow much brighter. This caused Cain even more pain.

"I love you, I'm sorry—", Cain whispers before standing up and disappearing into thin air as quickly as possible. His last look into your eyes will haunt you for a long while. Half of his face was melted off, yet the other half was still irresistibly handsome. His horn on that half was even beginning to melt off. It must have hurt immensely, yet he still clung to you like a lost child.

"Alex—", you sobbed, getting off the bed and running to him. You ran into his chest, sobbing heavily as you wrapped your arms around him desperately.

"[Y/n]..", Alex whispered in response, softly holding you in return. His fingers caressed the flesh on your back, gripping the fabric of your shirt gently. Your tears soaked quickly into his shirt, your throat burned from the sobs that escaped your mouth into the quiet air of your room.

"It took me a moment to find where he took you, I'm sorry [y/n].", he added. He slowly held you by your shoulders moving you backwards so he could look into your tear-filled eyes. You slowly wipe away the wetness. You stared up at the angel desperately.

"You aren't safe here anymore, not with the devil becoming more persistent on claiming your soul as his own. You need to come with me.", Alex says calmly, moving his large hand to your cheek, wiping a rouge tear away with his warm thumb. You stare painfully at Alex, putting your hand over his and interlocking your fingers with the hand that so lovingly caressed your face.

"Why do you care? Aren't I just fodder to you? You're no better than Cain.", you said sternly, removing his hand from your face slowly. His soft, green eyes widen slightly in response and he quickly shakes his head side to side.

"N-no! Never! [Y/n], I genuinely care about your well being!", he chants with bright eyes. His cheeks became flushed from embarrassment and he darts his eyes away from you.

"Is this just the angel in you talking or-?", you ask curiously, feeling your pulse quicken slightly by Alex's blushed cheeks. The moonlight seeping in from your window coated Alex's face in a cool white, highlighting the red in his cheeks wonderfully. He was ridiculously handsome. Was every higher being made to be so unbelievably attractive on purpose?

"No, I truly want your safety more than my own. Please, come with me and let me protect you.", he says, lifting his hand out to you. He used his other hand to cover his reddening face as he became progressively more embarrassed by his words. And in the same way Cain held his hand out to you only a little earlier, Alex did as well. Only this time, you took it.