16

Lisa

I've been living with both Jungkook and Eunha for a grand total of 4 weeks and already, I want this girl thrown into a pool of lava.

My programs are set to be obedient and homemaking. I do my tasks with urgency and efficiency. So when a lazy, drunk comes and spills red wine on the white Premium Australian sheep skin rug, I would like to see her head rolling.

"Why can't she live somewhere else?" I asked Jungkook.

"She is a good friend of Tzuyu and I am not going to let her live on the streets because her shady landlord likes to put his hands on women."

"Is that not your whole job? To be shady and oversee the supply to whatever shady things you do."

He looked down at me from his steep height and said, "Weapons and human trafficking are very separate things. I don't sell nor purchase people." He lifted my chin up and pecked my lips. "Plus she'll be out soon."

"You said that last week and the week before that."

He did his seemingly innocent smile. "When was the last time we filled up that battery of yours?"

"Do not change the subject."

"I am not kidding. I don't want to come home and then next thing you know, you're all over Eunha. Or do I wanna see that?"

I punched his shoulder. "Ow! Why'd you do that?"

"Seemed like the appropriate response." I smiled at him. "Just make sure that she stays in her lane. And her own bed."

"Will do. Now I have a meeting to go to. Bye for now."

"Bye!" I saw him as he took the private elevator down. 

The house is so empty without him.  I find myself reading and running my fingertips against the dry walls waiting for him to step onto the glossy floor. Adoring the grand modern place I call home.

After a while I had quit my job to spend my days vacationing and lounging about in his world. 

Champagne and chocolate covered strawberries on command. Of course I do not eat but I enjoy the delectable smell of them as I lay on the balcony of high penthouses laid across South Korea. 

In his world, I am a priority. I am a treasure. And I am someone irreplaceable. 

These are things men and women alike wish to be to someone they love. A wonderful feeling it strikes upon me. But then, like many other things, doubt creeps in the shadows.

The way he laughs with Eunha and the way he keeps on feeding her strong shopping addiction makes me doubt his loyalty. 

Before I even agreed to move in with him I had laid down some understandings. 

One: Do not treat me like a toy. I may not have blood pumping through veins but that does not take away from my capability of understanding feelings or my mental capacity. 

Two: Break me again and I won't come back. 

Both of those things I find to be very reasonable. I don't ask for anything from him other than his loyalty and respect.

As I sit reading a book from his study I hear the elevator doors ding open. I get up and peak my head out the doorway to see who it is. 

I get excited hoping for him to walk out of the elevator but unluckily it is just the Drunken Slut.

"Jungkook! You here?" She shouts as she unclips her hair. Behind her sits two guards carrying about 10 bags each. 

I step out of the room. "You just missed him. Pity." 

"Oh look at who it is. The waitress. Since you look like you're not doing anything important, get me a water with lemon please." 

"Sorry but I am going to exercise my right to refuse service. I don't serve uptight, drunks." I smiled. 

She mockingly laughed and walked away saying. "Put the bags down in my room please. I'm gonna take a bath. Being in the same room as her makes me feel dirty."

Pretty sure you are just dirty.

I rolled my eyes and grabbed the book I had set down on his mahogany desk. I sat down and started to read. As I scan the sentences I could not properly focus. I adjust my position on the seat and even pace as I read. Still, I could not focus. 

Frustrated and overheating, I put the book back on the shelf and step outside to take a breath of fresh air. Ventilating my system helps cools me down while having my reactor change moods. My eyes examine the great city beneath my feet. The sun was beginning to set.

As I let my mind rest I remember all the struggles I endured through these years. All the horrid times starting from that one night. 

I shrugged it off and focused on what I have in front of me. 

My peaceful gaze was destroyed once again when I heard someone open up the balcony door.

"Take it all in pretty girl." I turn to see Eunha taking out her lighter and what looks like a blunt. "Soon enough all of this will be a thing of the past." She walked toward me in her long slid robe, blowing out a white luminous smoke.

"You know it is illegal to smoke that. Not to mention it's also disgusting." 

She laughed and took another drag. "It numbs what you don't wanna feel. A feeling I am sure you will find out about soon enough."

"And what would that be?"

"Abandonment." She blew out more smoke. "You are so tied up into this role of a housewife. It's only a matter of time before he throws you out."

"Me? Tied up in him?" I slowly approached her and grabbed the smoking stick between her lips. "He is tied up in me." I dropped the blunt and crushed it underneath my red bottomed heals. "The emotion you are numbing must be prominent within your role. Seeing as you could be on the street anytime he so pleases, abandonment must be creeping on your conscious."

I turn away and walk towards the door.

"I have been in his bed since I met him which is about 3-4 years as I remember it now. I don't have to worry about him leaving me. I've seen more girls in and out of his bed than I can count, yet out of all of those pretty girls I remain here." 

I stop in my tracks and turn around. "3-4 years? How did you meet?"

She smirked and pushed passed me. "Not that it is any of your business, we met at Club Karma."