Finding Me

I knew I found what I really have a passion for, but I still didn't like myself very much.

But then the Wiggles said something in TV series 2 that helped me get it.

They said they were four human beings but they were all very different. They didn't act the same but they were still the Wiggles.

There's also a moment in that episode where they say that they're all completely different but they're the same in a way.

People act differently and speak different languages and even have diverse brains. But they're still human. That's what the Wiggles were saying.

So while most people taught me to understand myself, the Wiggles taught me to LIKE myself.

I realized then that I wasn't the only one different. We all are. 

I didn't really understand why the Wiggles were being so kind to me. Most passions of mine would come and go but the Wiggles stayed.

I didn't really know why.

And then, on YouTube, I heard Murray tell a story that I'll live with for the rest of my life.

He said he wanted to be remembered for making people happy. 

And then he reflected on a few years ago when the Wiggles were visiting a children's hospital.

They met a father and a son. The son had autism and was nonverbal. 

His father explained to the Wiggles that he didn't talk but would occasionally sing along to some Wiggles songs. 

And then Anthony sang "Toot Toot Chugga Chugga" to the little boy. 

And the boy sang along to every single lyric. 

Then when the Wiggles finished, the boy's father was crying because that was the largest amount of time the boy was using his voice.

After he finished the story, Murray said the following quote.

He said "I really think the Wiggles is about spreading joy. And that's not a bad life's work".

You can hear it for yourself in this YouTube video titled "Murray Cook talks About Stepping Away from The Wiggles Empire".

Here it is.

Okay, this is gonna sound so incredibly stupid. But now that I've heard what the Wiggles want for the world, I know why they kept coming and coming into my life.

They needed me to be happy. 

And I'm glad I accepted that. Happy is the first thing I wanna be.