1.0

Smart and Smarter

"What do you mean I'm not allowed to tutor Leo anymore!" I exclaimed to the biology teacher. Yeah I didn't want to do it to begin with but that doesn't mean you can just fire me! I got a reputation to uphold!

"I'm sorry Izzy his grades just aren't raising like they need to and last time I talked to you... you seem to have forgotten." Mr B shrugged, sorting through the messy papers on his desk, looking beyond stress.

I gasped softly shaking my head. "I didn't know I was suppose to be tutoring him! I don't remember you asking me!"

He grumbles softly and sets his papers down, giving me a stern look. "Its to late anyways, I already assigned a new tutor to him."

"..who? I have the best grades in this school!" At least I think I do.

"Chase Davenport, his new brother." He shrugs, getting excited and starts whispering to me like it's some interesting girl talk. "I heard he gets a perfect score on his test everytime! No matter the class!"

I frown already feeling my competitive juices flowing. "He probably just cheats!"

"Izzy." He sighs rubbing his head. "I have to get ready for my next class and so do you." He grumbles softly getting up and ushering me out of the room and into the busy hallway.

"But-" I wince as the door slams in my face, my hair flying back. "Jerk." I whisper.

At least I have 2 reasons not to like Chase Davenport... yay.

I sigh heavily walking through the crowds to get to my locker. "I can't believe that idiot! He can't take my tutoring credits away. What if I need them to get in to college or... or..mmm!" I groan loudly in frustration.

"Izzy!" Adam, the only Davenport boy that I don't hate, called out. "Check out my locker!"

I look over and smile softly seeing him, Bree and Leo talking together. "What about your lock- what happened to your locker?"

I wrinkle my nose in disgust as it was covered in junk and don't get me started on the smell. "What diedin there Adam?"

He tilts his head a bit before pulling out a moldy sandwich. "Probably the old lunches.." He shrugs taking a bit of it making me gag and turn away.

I grumble seeing Chase looking annoyed. Oh great I think I might prefer the old lunches.

"Look at this! An A minus! I knew my home ec teacher hated me!" He rants out, throwing the paper around dramatically.

I scoff with a small smile. "Wow an A minus. I past that class with all A' s. Guess I'm smarter than you Chase."

He looks at me and sighs. "Please your intelligence can't even compare to mine."

I growl softly. Man it must be getting close to my week, I am getting way to angry way to quickly.

"You both can do the student of the semester competition!" Leo exclaims with a grin. "That'll be fun!"

I shake my head with a huff. "That won't mean anything. I'm angry about the grades not how he can run a school better than me."

Chase tilts his head glancing at Leo.  "What even is that?"

Leo smiles, seemingly happy to explain it to someone. "Every semester kids compete with one an other to see who can improve the school. Who ever gets the most votes gets free pencils, a bumper sticker and a cheesy photo of themselves on the wall!"