1.4

Death Spiral Smackdown pt 2

"You guys kissed!" Bree shouts.

"Shh! I'd really love it if you didn't tell the whole school!" I grumble, my face red as I avoid the looking students.

"I can't believe it!" She says. "I wouldn't have expected Adam to do it but it's still amazing!"

I frown watching over at him. "Who else would have done it?"

Her eyes widen, stepping away from me a bit. "Sorry.. I got to head to Caitlin's! Bye!" She says quickly rushing off and out if the school.

"Oh.." I whisper watching her go. "Bye." I mutter softly under my breath. Yes let's all keep secrets from Izzy! Thats the fun thing to do!

I sigh putting my books away in my locker.

"Oh Izzy!" A high pitched boys voice screeched out. Leo.

I look over to see the young boy literally bouncing in his spot. "Are you coming to watch the death spiral match?"

"You mean the violent act where Perry puts students up against each other so she can be entertained by her cruel ways? No."

He frowns, pulling a pout. "Please! Adam is on my team! Which means I'm gonna win after all these years!" He crosses his arms with a soft huff. "If your not gonna do it to cheer me on. At least go to cheer Adam on."

I roll my eyes, feeling my face heat up. Gosh.. I hate it but I like Adam... but violence...but cute boy...mmmm!

"Fine! But you owe me." I say making Leo grin and grab my hand, pulling me to the gym/cafeteria.

Once we stepped through the doors a crash was heard beside me. I gasped, seeing Ethan scrambling to get up.

"Yeah!" Adam yells out in the middle of the death spiral stage. "That's how it's done!"

My eyes widen as I watch the once nice boy scream and laugh at the pain he caused. "L-leo! What did you do to him?" I growl out pushing Leo back.

He stumbles, looking nervous. "Oh yeah uh..i just... gave him coffee?"

"Oh really? Then why is he acting like a psychopath! Like Perry!" I shouted. I sigh shakily trying to take deep breaths. "What to do...mmm!" I tense up feeling an arm wrap around my shoulders.

"Hey Leo! Izzy!" Adam says next to me. "I don't know what was in my cereal but I feel like I could bite the head off a gazelle!" He grins growling out as he snaps his teeth.

I flinch, moving out of his grip. "Yeah.. I forgot I was meeting Chase today.." I whisper, avoiding eye contact with Adam. 

Leo frowns. "Oh come on! It's finally my chance to win and no one wants to come watch!"

Adam nods. "Exactly! Stay Izzy! Nothing bad is gonna happen to you. You're just gonna watch!" He grins, but not one of his nice dorky grins. This one sent shivers down my spine, in the not good way.

I look away from the blood crazy giant. "N-No..im sorry really .. maybe tomorrow!" I smile weakly as I walk out quickly, pulling my phone out to call Chase.

"Chase Davenport speaking." Answered, you guessed, Chase.

"Hey.. uh..its Izzy can I come to your house? Are you at the house? We can work more on biology.." I mutter, leaving the school and heading in the direction of his house.

"You know usually when people compete with each other they don't share answers.. or work together." He chuckles.

I roll me eyes biting back a grumble. "I know that!...I just don't want to be alone at the moment."