1.6

Chip Switch

Adam, Bree, and Chase have powers..

I haven't talked to them since I found out... one it's crazy and two I don't want my memory erased again.

I sigh, slamming my locker shut. My arm was getting better, no longer needing to be in a sling..yay.

I wince softly as I roll it around, glancing over at Principal Perry who had a sick grin on her face. Ugh, what terrible news do you have now?

"Listen up, space-fillers! This is emergency preparedness week! An emergency drill can happen at any time. So when the alarm sounds you must evacuate the building in an orderly fashion like cattle." She smirks looking at all of us. "If cattle had acne and braces...and a future filling up my gas tank." She snickers.

I roll my eyes. "Great, another thing to worry about! Thanks a lot anxiety." I grumble to myself, heading to my class.

I tensed a bit as I passed the small bionic group. "You know what would be awesome? If you could stop your chips!"

..why don't they buy chips they actually like if it was that much of a problem? Personally, Doritos are the best! ...and now I'm hungry. Great.

"Thanks Mrs. Smith." I smile softly to the teacher, grabbing my stuff and the written note to head to the school clinic.

My shoulder started hurting during class, therefore I got let out earlier to go ice it... and totally not just because I get bored in her class.

I hum softly, tucking the note into my binder as I head to my locker, stopping once I heard voices.

"Oh, I almost forgot to mention!" Clearly Adam said. "Before you try lifting something heavy, always stretch first."

"Okay." Chase chuckles. I heard soft grunts before a clash was heard. "Oops.."

"...always stretch before you stretch!"

I heard an annoyed huff before multiple sounds of feet running down the stairs making me panic. Where to hide! Where to hide! I look around grinning as I see the janitor closet, hiding just in time. Now I just have to not get cau-

"Izzy?" Chase questioned as he opened the door, holding part of the stairs railing. "What are you doing?"

My eyes widen as I stared at the boy infront of me. "...sleeping."

Adam steps into view grinning once he saw me. "What! No way! I love sleeping in closets!"

I smile slightly seeing Chase roll his eyes. "Can I hide this in here?" He asked shaking the rail a bit. "It kinda fell off."

"Oh." I nod quickly moving out of the closet so he could put the rail in. "...how did it fall off?"

Chase glances back at Adam with a nervous glance as he closed the door.

Adam smiles, starting to ramble off. "Chase tore it off with his super strength that he's not use to. He just doesn't know what to do with all that extra muscle in his arms."

Chase grumbles softly. "Yeah.. fine I tore it off."

"But..." I look between them, stepping back once I noticed how close they were. "I thought Adam had the strength..?"

Chase nods. "He di-does... we decided to swip for today. He has Bree' s agility and I have his strength." He grins, excitedly.

I nod. That explains it.... but what makes Chase so special? What's his original power?