1.2

Bionic Birthday Fail

I sigh walking toward the Davenport house. I really need to invest in a skateboard... or a personal taxi driver. Heh that would be fun.

I step up to the door, letting out a scream as it swung open and a weigh collided into mine.

"Surpri- ow!"

I groan, glancing to see Leo on top of me. "If you don't get off in the next 2 seconds, I will kill you!"

"Not the birthday surprise I was talking about but okay." Leo scrambled off of me, helping me up.

Tasha sighs, stepping out of the house in a blue dress. "Sorry about that Izzy.. Leo's acting weird."

Mr. Davenport laughs softly, standing next to Tasha in a suit. "He's always weird, he's just more vocal about it. Well see ya!" He says quickly rushing his wife off to the car.

"Bye!" I smile at the somewhat happy couple. "Where are they going?" I asked Leo beside me, as we watch them get ready to leave.

"Around the corner. They said they have an 'award ceremony' but please, that's obviously a joke!" Leo laughs watching them. "Look at them getting on to the freeway like that have somewhere to be!"

I watch the car till I couldn't see it anymore. "Sorry Leo... I don't think they're coming back." I smile softly, walking into the house before I had to deal with the tears.

"I can't believe they left me! It's my birthday!" Leo rants out. "I'm suppose to have million dollar presents and a cake the size of me!"

I grumble rubbing my sore head, just wishing the elevator will move faster. "Will you shut up already? Some of us never had parents who wanted to celebrate birthdays. So quite your whining. " I snapped.

He stays quiet, staring at me before shaking his head. "Your grouchy, you should take a nap."

The doors dingedopen just in time, or I might have choked the special birthday boy.

I jogged out of the elevator and as far from Leo as I could. Stopping once I saw Chase and Adam acting as casual as your friends do when your crush is around. "You look like your trying to hide a dead body."

Adam smiles sheepishly to me and shrugs. "Maybe we are."

"Then that's mildly disturbing.." I frown.

"Guys! My mom is actually going to an award banquet! There's no party or nothing!" Leo whines out again, making me take a deep breath so I don't lose my sanity.

Chase glances between me and Adam before putting on the fakest sympathy voice I've ever heard. "Oh no, that's awful..."

"Convincing." I scoff out softly.

Adam chuckles getting off the table and grabbing my hand. "We should go do that thing... upstairs that's not with you Leo."

Chase nods, with a fake grin in his face, slowly inching his way to the door. "Right! The thing with Izzy and us brothers.. But not Leo! .... bye!"

They pulled me out if the basement just enough for the doors to shut Leo off from us.

"Eddie, we're moving the party prep upstairs." Chase says to a computer in the wall. This house is weird. "Don't let him out till I give you the word."

I squeal excitedly as Adam spinned me around. The loud music blaring as Leo's party began. People dancing, talking, or eating desert that I can't wait to devour.