1.5

Can I borrow the helicopter

I grumble softly, almost dropping the stack of books I was trying to balance in my hold. My right arm being completely useless, being in a sling so I don't make my shoulder worse.

It was luckily the weekend so I didn't have to deal with school for a little bit, but I had way overdue books for the library... so yay.

I sigh staring at the pull door infront of me. Mmm.. this is gonna be a challenge. I shift my books farther into my hold and try to grab the door knob with my hand, gasping as I almost dropped the books.

"Oh here!" A voice said, cutting infront of me to open the door. "Let me help with that ma'a- Izzy?"

I look up and smile softly. "Oh..hi Chase. Thanks for opening the door.. but I could have gotten it myself." I huff softly. Ever since the incident I swear Chase has been watching me like a hawk, helping me do things before I realize they even needed to be done.

He chuckles and nods. "I don't doubt that." He smiles softly, glancing down at the books. "Overdue?"

"Yeah." I mumble going and setting them on the library return counter, smiling softly to the the somewhat stern looking lady.

I shake my tired hand as I walk toward the movie section, frowning as I see Chase still following me. "What are you doing here?"

His eyes widen a bit before picking up a movie. "I ..needed this." He smiles waving the case around.

I smile amused tilting my head to the side, biting back a laugh. "My little pony?"

"O-Oh." He stutters out, his face turning red. "Ye- no.." He mutters putting the movie back. "I came to get away from Adam and Bree for a little bit."

I smile. "Understandable."

I turn back to the movies, picking up a few that interested me. I hum softly heading to the young adult section. I shift the movies into my right hand holding them against my chest as I  reached for a book. 

I heard Chase gasp softly taking the movies from me. "Careful! You could hurt yourself."

"They barely weigh anything!" I look at him with a frown. "You know my arm isn't gonna get better if I don't work the muscle."

He frowns opening his mouth to object before closing it. "Well yes... but your suppose to rest it for 2 to 3 days before you can lift mild things. Have you iced it yet today?"

"Nope." I say, with a pop as I look through my book. "Put it in a sling and thought, man that hurt... we deserve a book! And now I'm here." I grin.

He smiles rolling his eyes. "Well you should come to my house, I can make sure it's actually on track of healing up."

I tense up at that, swallowing thickly as I put the book back. "Id rather not..."

I see his smile drop out of the corner of my eye. "Right.." He muttered. "Well if it helps we can stay on my side of the lab! We made this rule and slit the lab in half since Bree moved out- I mean! Since she... stopped hanging out there so much."

"Smooth." I giggle softly, giving a sigh as I nod. "I guess.. as long as I don't have to see him..."

He nods putting his hand in his jean pocket. "You got it! Operation keep Izzy away from Adam is a go!" He grins, obviously trying to cheer me up.

I smile as I continue to look through the books. Gosh, why did he have to go crazy...

"So what you do is gently put your leg over their head then jump up, pulling yourself on to their shoulders and punch them." Chase explained as he attacked the poor dummy.

I nod watching him with a frown. I don't know how you did that, but honestly kinda hot.

I sat, reading, in the corner on a new chair they got in the lab. You could clear tell what he was talking about earlier. Bright yellow ducktape marked the middle of the room. One side packed and filled with a bunch of random junk, the other clean and organized with a nice zen garden feel to it.

Leo walks in through Adams mess, glancing around confused. "Nice cow.." He grumbles pointing to the fake farm animal. "Is Davenport down here?"

Chase glances down at him, shaking his head. "Nope."

"Good." Leo grins. "I need one of his gadgets to be flashy fo- Izzy!" He screamed seeing me. His face morphing into panic, before laughing loudly and nervously. "What are you doing here?"

I frown jumping at his high pitched scream. "... being held against my will so Chase can stop worrying about my shoulder."

"Oh yeah.. I heard about that... how's it going?" He asked setting his hand on my shoulder.

I bite my lip hard so I don't cry out.

"Leo!" Chase growled out, pushing him away. "It was doing fine but now you touched it so probably broke it again! I'm gonna have to run more test! Go get some ice!"

I release a shakily sigh, glancing at Chase shaking my head. "I-Im fine.. it just hurt for a minute.. i dont need any more tests."

He looks at me, reading my face to see if I was telling the truth before stiffly nodding. "Okay."

"Check it out! Another thing left for us on the street!" Adams voice called out as he exited the elevator.

My eyes widen as I curl up more in myself. Don't see me. Don't see me. Don't see me.

"Izzy..." He whispers, dropping the big newspaper box he had. "Look I'm sorry about your shoulder! I... I didn't mean to do it... I wasn't in the right mindset! Leo made me do it!"

"Hey! Don't blame me man!" Leo called out with a grumble. "I'm just trying to impress people not make enemies!"

I frown glancing between the now bickering two, stopping to look at Chase.

He grumbled softly, standing beside me with his arms crossed. "Adam focus."

Adam looked over before nodding sheepishly. "Right uh... we're like superheroes and Leo made me eat cereal that made me unable to control my strength and I pratically used it to break your arm in a nasty game of arm wrestle. You use to know this before we told you but Chase panicked being the girl he is and memory swiped you!"

"Adam!" Both boys yelled to their older brother.

"What?"

I zoned them out, gasping softly as I thought it through.

Bree appears out of know where... Adam carries things that way a ton like it's a bag of popcorn... and Chase... my memory...