Backstage

Semi x Reader

Semi x Reader

(Y/N POV)

The frigid air blew past me as my nose started to run. I was waiting outside for my friend, Semi, to finish his concert. I would normally help set up and watch from the side, but I was running behind on some designs that I was presenting to the board the following day. For some odd reason I felt as if something was wrong. I couldn't place where my uneasy feelings had sprung from. I wasn't one to be easily paranoid or scared. I normally quietly approached others from behind and scared the crap out of them, especially Semi. He would never admit it, but I would scare him every time. I decided to open the door to see how far into the concert they were. Right before I opened the door I felt a light tap on my shoulder.

(Semi POV)

Once the last song of the night came to its end I quickly scanned the audience. Normally Y/N would be near the front cheering me on, but tonight she was nowhere in sight. It wasn't rare that she would miss a concert. She had a job at a design company as a graphic designer and often had to stay late to finish her designs. It often bugged me how she pushed herself so hard to get such a large amount of work done in one sitting just so she could help me set up for all of my concerts. Still, it felt weird that she wasn't there. It almost felt like something was seriously wrong. Almost...

"Hey Semi, is something wrong?" I looked to my right to see the lead singer, Taisho, standing next to him with a slightly concerned look.

"Yes. I mean no. I mean... Maybe?" I was conflicted on whether or not my concern was worth bringing up.

"Are you concerned about your cute girlfriend?" He teased.

"For the last time, I don't have a girlfriend," I stated, with a slight amount of annoyance. It was often that my band mates teased me for spending so much of my free time with Y/N. They would never shut up about their ship needing to sail and ideas on how I should confess. Sure, she was someone who I would love to go out with, but I don't even know if she reciprocates my feelings.

"Okay Mr. Too Wimpy to Confess. Anyways, I can finish cleaning up and you can go see how she's doing. Go get her flowers. I think she's a sunflower kind of girl," he winked with a wide grin plastered on his face. Before I could respond he turned on his heel, laughed, and walked away.

I sighed and headed to the backstage door.

(Y/N POV)

I turned to see a girl, slightly older than me, with a bright red ponytail and bright lipstick to match. She wore Semi's band merchandise from head to toe. She even wore a light purple heart shaped necklace with the band's name in the center. It was quite obvious she was a fangirl. Besides that, her eyes were laced with a dullened hue and her left fist was in a tight clench. Her right hand was hidden behind her back and her teeth sunk into her lip.

"Do you, by chance, hang out with Eita often?" Her voice was surprisingly sweet.

"Um... I know you mean well but that kind of information is personal," I said in a small tone. The girl was too close, only two or three feet away and I was extremely uncomfortable. "I hate to be rude, but I am waiting for someone and I have to go. I'm sor-" before I could finish she slams me into the closest wall, forcing the air out of my lungs. My body fell to the floor, gasping for air. My back started to ache and tears threatened to fall from my eyes. I quickly stood up and moved away from her oncoming punch.

"Stop moving! I'm going to teach you a lesson for trying to take my love! You hear me, whore?!" She screamed, revealing her right hand where an exacto knife was being stored. My eyes widened, knowing I was backed into a corner. She stood between me and the only passageway to the open street. The backstage door was also located behind her towering body. It didn't show, but she had seemed to have been working out for quite some time, making all of her attacks more powerful than most.

While I was distracted, she slammed her head against mine, making a headache immediately flair up. It was as if my skull shattered. Despite that I kept dodging all of her attacks to the best of my ability. I would never have guessed watching action-packed anime's with Semi and practicing some of the moves on him would have paid off. As I kept dodging, I could feel my energy drain from my body. My reaction time gradually became more sluggish, making it harder to avoid being sliced open by her knife. She seemed to keep her same pace after a few minutes, and I eventually couldn't dodge. Her knife plunged into my stomach, causing me to lose control over myself and fall to the cold, hard ground. My sight began to fade to black. I tried to keep my eyes from closing. I could feel a liquidy substance pool around me and could hear my breath become more shallow. Before I feel into darkness I heard the backstage door open and screaming. That was all I was able to hear before my energy came to its end and I passed out.

(Semi POV)

I opened the door, cupcakes in hand that I planned to share with Y/N to cheer her up. Whenever she has to work overtime she is in a sour mood, exhausted by the amount of work she had completed. I was about to turn right when I heard something. It sounded like someone was gasping for air. When I turned around, the cupcakes slipped out of my hands and onto the concrete. There she was, on the floor with an exacto knife sticking out of her midriff. Her eyes were fluttering open and then shut again.

"Y/N!" I screamed, sprinting over to her body. The backstage door opened again, revealing Taisho. His eyes darted to Y/N, widening at the sight.

"What the hell happened?!" Taisho was unable to hide his shock. "Semi, don't pull the knife out! I'll call the ambulance," The two of us were scrambling to get her in a steady position.

Sirens bled into earshot as paramedics rushed over to Y/N and I. They carefully slid her onto a stretcher, putting an oxygen mask over her mouth and placing her into the ambulance. I sat next to the stretcher, holding her hand the entire ride there.

.

.

.

Three days later

(Y/N POV)

Warmth. That's all I felt. My eyes slowly opened to see Semi with his head laying beside my torso, holding my hand. I could feel my cheeks heat up rapidly. As if on cue, his eyes also fluttered open, as if he were scared of something.

(Semi POV)

My eyes fluttered open, taken in Y/N's worried expression, hand still placed in mine. My eyes started to tear up as I pulled her into a hug. She seemed surprised by my sudden actions.

"Eita, what's wrong?" she asked me.

"You're the one with a slight concussion, stitches, and a broken rib and you're asking me what's wrong with me?!" I tightened my grip slightly, careful to not hurt her. I didn't let go for what felt like an hour. It may have been silent, but it felt I would lose her if I did.

After a while, I pulled away and cupped her soft cheeks into the palms of my hands.

"Never scare me like that again, promise?" I asked, tears still pooling in my eyes.

(3rd Person POV)

Before Y/N could reply, Semi pulled her in for a soft, gentle kiss. It was a bit hesitant, but had a bit of passion at the same time. After a few seconds, Semi pulled away and looked Y/N in her shiny, warm eyes. Her hair was slightly tangled, but she looked incredibly gorgeous to him.

"I can't let the love of my life die on me, understand?" he asked, hands playing with her fluffy h/c locks.

"I understand," Y/N replied, pulling him in for another kiss.

Announcement: Hi, this is the author! So, this is my first fanfiction and I hope you all enjoyed it. I know most people like other characters better, but I felt inspired to write this. As I keep writing, the quality will get better. I'll update at least once a week. Love y'all! See ya soon! 

Word Count: 1491