Broken Dreams Lead to Harsh Realities

Hinata x reader

Hinata x reader

(Hinata POV)

I stared at my computer, color draining from my face. The email in front of me seemed to have shattered my heart. I had my heart set on being a part of a college volleyball team and yet I didn't make it. It felt as though my life was over. The door opened.

(Y/N POV)

When I saw his emotionless face, I knew what had happened. He trained day in and day out yet it still hadn't been enough. I ran over to him and wrapped my arms around his frame. He, in return, started to cry. His body was shaking from head to toe. Slowly but surely, his breathes became more controlled and his heart rate started to beat at a more regular speed.

"I'm sorry babe. Just know that I am here for you. It's okay to cry, just let it all out." I said. I moved my hands in a circular motion along his back.

"I love you." I said in a gentle tone.

"I love you too." He replied in a quiet voice. It sounded sad yet she believed that after a good night's rest, he'd be alright. I closed his laptop, setting it aside on the nightstand. Hinata laid on my chest, hugging me tightly. I began to play with his hair, allowing him to drift into a state of tiredness and into sleep. I too fell asleep right after.

(Hinata POV)

Even after months passed, my life felt like a meaningless void of sadness and nothingness. I watched as the team walked by, laughing and talking about previous and upcoming games. Oh how I longed to be with them. I would jump up and down, race them all to the gym, become an ace. Though I could go on for hours, it would be too painful. Sort of like missing a spike in front of an audience. I won't even get an opportunity to fail if I am not on the team. Sighing, I look back down at my phone. Y/N texted me plans that she made to come over for the night to hang out. I love her, but I hate how she can sense when something's wrong. I walked to my house. As the sun set so did my dreams. I turned away, walking into my room, grabbing a kitchen blade on my way in. One, two, three. I soon lost count. A red liquid seeped through the carpet and splattered everywhere around. Grabbing my medicine that had refilled the week before, I downed it all. Every last pill. My body began to shake, falling backwards until I met the floor. White foam made its way out of the corners of my mouth. My stomach felt like it was on fire and so did my wrists. Only five minutes passed until my suffering ended. I walked into my house that night with nothing but sadness and came out a free spirit, left to fly forevermore.

(Y/N POV)

I arrived at Hinata's house about ten minutes later than I had anticipated. I tried to contact him about it, but he didn't respond. Perhaps he wanted to surprise me with something? I hadn't the slightest idea on what was happening. I knocked on the door. I was very much confused when the door pushed itself open. Hinata wasn't the type of person to leave his door open like that. I closed the door before announcing my presence. When I received no response, I guessed he was sleeping. I made my way over to his room, expecting to see him sleeping on his bed. Slowly opening the door, I was met with the sickening smell of blood. I turned on the light to get a better look. The image of Hinata's dead body was presented before me. I took a step backwards falling to the floor. My heart rate skyrocketed. I reached for the phone I had in my pocket. My hands shook as they dialed a number.

Tobio: Hello? Y/N, it's been a while. How-

Y/N: T-Tobio. Help me. He's not breathing and there's blood. A lot. Ummm.

Tobio: Y/N, what happened?! Are you okay?!

Y/N: Shoyo! I don't know what to do. I don't think he's breathing and-

Tobio: I'll be there in five minutes. Check his pulse and if you can't feel one go outside and wait for me there.

Y/N: O-okay.

Call ended

I rushed to Hinata's side to feel a pulse. I tried to find one, almost endlessly searching until I ended with nothing. Tears pooled under my eyes.

"Is he really... dead?" I questioned aloud. Standing up, I slowly backed away until I was met with warm arms.

"Y/N, let's get out of here." I recognized Kageyama's voice immediately. Then my vision faded into nothingness.

My eyes fluttered awake. I looked around to see my brother's head laying beside me. His raven hair blocked his eyes, so it was practically impossible. Slowly, he raised his head. Before I could react, he wrapped his arms around me. My tears had betrayed me, pouring down like Niagara Falls. My body began to lightly shake. He rubbed small circles on my back to try to calm me down. It was odd to me how comforting he could be. My arms tightened around him. Slowly but surely, I had no more tears left to shed. All I felt was a heavy weight of emptiness.

After a few weeks, Tobio and I left together to attend Hinata's funeral. Though I felt sad, I felt like I needed to go. I brought a bouquet of violets with me. When we arrived, my heart broke. Nobody brought any flowers. They were either talking in groups or on their phones. The atmosphere was nothing but depressing. No music played nor did anyone bring food. After the beginning, barely anyone spoke to me. Tobio held my hand, but I was heartbroken and alone. Would Shoyo really have wanted this? This was awful. After a while, everyone left. Only my brother and I remained. Tears left my eyes as I placed the bouquet over his newly dug grave. I turned on my heel and left.

Tobio had to leave to go to volleyball practice, leaving me on my lonesome. I watched from the balcony as he walked away. My will to live just happened to have left with him. Walking up the remaining flights of stairs, I remembered how heartbroken I had been when Shoyo died. I made sure I left a note in Tobio's room that thanked him for being such a caring older brother and that I was sorry to leave him. I loved Tobio so much, but to me, there was no point in living. I slipped through the guard rails. Sighing to myself, I took in the view of the setting sun. This had marked three months since Shoyo had taken his own life. I viewed this the perfect time to take mine. My hands released the guard rails, allowing me to attempt to fly. The wind felt so nice against my body as I got closer and closer to the pavement. I wondered if I would see Shoyo again. I was curious to see what he would think of what I had done. When my head reached ground level, I felt the pain of my shattering skull for just a second. One small second as my blood scattered all around me. It appears that I had no wings to fly. No, not yet. And with that came my sweet release.

(Kageyama POV)

I jogged back to my apartment early with sunflowers. They were my sister's favorite flower and it just so happened that there was a florist on campus. When I arrived I noticed something starting to descend from the sky. The sunflowers dropped to the floor just as my little sister's head hit the pavement. I let out a loud scream, sinking to my knees. People came out to see what the commotion was, but I didn't see nor hear them. My best friend had given up his life and now my baby sister followed suit. I was left alone in this world to rot away until I too met my own death. What even was the point of living?

Author's Note: It was my first time killing the reader off. What did you guys think?

Word Count: 1397