When Does the Search End?

Ushijima x reader

Ushijima x reader

(Y/N POV)

I rested my head on Wakatoshi's lap, staring at the star lit sky above us. He grabbed a blanket and laid it over me to keep me warm.

"Hey, Toshi?" I asked in a relaxed tone.

"Yes, Y/N?" he edged me to continue.

"Do you ever wonder where life leads next?" My question seemed to have puzzled him.

"That's an interesting question." He patted my head before continuing. "I have a set plan already. Why do you ask? Is there something troubling you?"

"No, no. Nothing at all. That's what confuses me," I stated.

"Are you sure?" He seemed slightly concerned, but I just brushed it off by snuggling into him further. I pointed out several different constellations before it reached midnight. We continued on our way to our homes before I reached my apartment complex. As I laid atop of my lilac, floral comforter a feeling of dread invaded my gut. Something bothered me. The quietness of the atmosphere, the motionlessness of the room, the fact that my month had been peaceful and lovely. It felt as though it was the calm before a raging storm. A storm that I did not want to face. I shook my head, wondering why I was thinking so much about something I didn't even know. I pulled the lilac sheets over myself. I slowly lost consciousness until I was swept into a dreamlike state.

(Ushijima POV)

I waited outside Y/N's apartment complex for thirty minutes before growing confused. Had she left early? She did so every once in a while but she normally texted me so I didn't end up waiting and becoming late. She must have just forgotten her phone in her room again. I began my embarkment to Shiratorizawa, making sure to text Y/N just in case she possibly overslept.

"Hey Ushijima, where's Y/N?" I looked over to see Semi. He lived nearby the school so he showed up to school right before it started.

"I am not sure," I replied, looking forward. I was a bit worried about her, but I tried to shake it off. She claimed that I was such a worry wart.

"I'll see you at practice." I stopped spacing out and looked at him once again. "And stop worrying. I'm sure she either slept in or went to school early. She mentioned she wanted to stop by the music room to try out the grand piano the school just set up," Semi patted me on the shoulder before walking into his classroom. I sighed and headed to mine.

The rest of the day, my thoughts were occupied by Y/N. She hadn't answered any of her messages or calls during any of the breaks and I couldn't find her when I searched all of the spots she might have been. Practice soon rolled around with no sight of her. I hadn't been able to talk to her as I would normally be able to do. My thoughts only revolved around her, making practice a second thought.

"So you weren't able to find her today?" Looking to my left was Semi. Being her best friend, he also seemed quite worried. "That makes two of us." He pulled out his phone and looked through his messages.