Fight, Flight, or Freeze

Kuroo x reader

Kuroo x reader

(Y/N POV)

I rested my hand upon my cheek, sighing as my attention pulled itself to the cityscape. My eyes wandered to different buildings, none reaching the height of my office. It was a partially cloudy day, the rain only halting no less than two hours ago. The pavement below was still soaked and heavily populated with puddles. Still, I could see the birds soaring as if the freezing temperatures and drenched surrounding did not have any significance.

"Earth to Y/N." My thoughts had been interrupted by the annoying man my age who sat across from me.

"What do you want, rooster head." I glared at him, aggravated enough to hold that glare for at least ten minutes. Whenever I were to be daydreaming, I highly despised it when people tried to gain my attention. Especially the annoying Kuroo Tetsuro. His entire existence was nothing more than a hindrance.

"Someone's salty today. Anyways, back to what I was saying, we have to meet a client two floors down tomorrow. She happens to be our top client so we have to be on our best behavior otherwise our boss will have our heads." I nodded, finally giving him my full attention. I noticed someone behind him, signaling for me to not hint at his presence.

"Hey Kuroo?" I asked. "Do you want to eat out after work?"

"Wait, actually?" He grinned surprised, but still excited as always. Before he could get out another word, one of my other coworkers shoved pie into his face and backed away.

"Nice going, Lev!" I said with an evil smirk. Kuroo grabbed the handkerchief he had in his pocket and tried to clean his face.

"Dammit, Lev! I was just getting a date from Y/N when you slammed pie in my face. I know where you live!" Kuroo exclaimed.

"I know where you live too." Lev shot back, his shit eating smirk never leaving his face.

"Yo Kuroo, since we both know where your apartment complex is located, can we post the address online? I was thinking we could put House Party Here. All Criminals and Sociopaths are Welcome. No fees or charges. Everything Inside is Free. How does that sound, Lev?" I smiled at him.

"We should also put a sign up claiming his apartment is free." Lev replied, leaving Kuroo to sulk in the corner.

"Awe, Kuroo, you poor baby." I batted my eyes innocently. "I'm so sorry you have to deal with two badass biotches." Lev laughed, ruffling my hair.

"That's right, Kuroo. You're dealing with the baddest biotches in the office." Lev chimed in.

"You both are cruel, but that doesn't matter." We both looked at him in confusion.

"Are you questioning us being badass biotches?" I looked at Lev and we both shared a mutual nod.

"Now, now, we can't have that." Lev shook his head.