Crosswalk

Oikawa x Reader

Oikawa x Reader

(Oikawa POV)

My biggest fear was being forgotten...

(Y/N POV)

I collapsed to the floor as my mother repeatedly kicked me in the back. Her aura reading nothing but anger as she yelled at me, calling me a murder.

No less than a few years ago my family was as happy as it could ever have been. I remember my dad was a coach for one of Japan's most famous volleyball teams. He spent almost all of his time off teaching me drills and techniques he taught his team while my mom took photos and laughed from the porch. My dad would occasionally take me to the park and by me ice cream. We would talk about the most random things. He once took my mother and me to a parade to see the brightly lit floats drive through the streets. My parents and I always giggled and had fun together. That all changed for the worse. My dad and I were walking home from a cafe that we went to in order to celebrate my win in the playoffs. I skipped ahead, while my dad chuckled watching me from behind. What I had missed was the walk light turned red. I looked to my left to see a cargo truck speeding towards my small form, giving me no time to react. I closed my eyes and prepared to feel pain. My hands were held in front of my chest and my bag dropped to the floor. In an instant, I felt my body being shoved to the side. I tumbled to the end of the sidewalk. My head was a bit dizzy and I could feel a small sting coming from both my arms, but otherwise, I felt completely fine. I pulled my body into a standing position and turned to look where I was just standing. My eyes widened, my legs caved from under me and my lip trembled. My fathers body laid on the floor. His mid back and legs were crushed into the pavement while blood started pooling under him. I let out a blood curdling scream as my eyes teared up. Everything after that became a blur. An ambulance rushed over as someone pulled me out of the street. My heart felt like it shattered. After the ambulance pulled away leaving me with an officer, I heard my mother running towards me.

"Where's your father, sweetie?" she asked in a panicked state. I could only stand there, tears overflowing like faucets as my mother started sobbing. The officer had taken off his hat and looked down at the floor. My mom was broken afterwards, taking out all her pain and frustrations on me when she wasn't busy sobering up.

I slowly got up once my mother had locked herself inside her room. I made my way to my room on the opposite side of the house and rested my exhausted self on my bed, too tired to change into pajamas or wash myself.

I woke up around 5 a.m, quickly taking a shower and bandaging my injuries. After I finished getting ready, I left the house, careful not to wake my mother from her slumber. I didn't live very far from my school.

"Y/N-chaaan!!!" I heard a voice whine from behind me. I turned on my heel to see Toru Oikawa behind me. His expression was in a small pout and his posture was a bit hunched. I only laughed at him, making his pout deepen.