When You Lose Someone

Bokuto x reader

Bokuto x reader

(Y/N POV)

Staring out the window, tears trickled down my cheeks. Though they say when time goes by, people would begin to feel better, why hadn't I followed suit. Memories flurried through my head like movie clips. It may have already been a month, but the image of my mother flatlining after two years in the hospital was enough to break me down. After that, my father and I moved away to an apartment complex near Tokyo.

"COME DOWN HERE AND HELP ME CARRY THESE FUCKING BOXES DOWN YOU LAZY ASS WHORE!" yelled the voice of my father. He was such a sweet and caring father not so long ago. I walked downstairs. My mother's death truly broke him, sending him straight to bottles of alcoholic beverages.

As I carried the boxes in, my heart kept cracking. My mother was never one to live in such a crowded area. She found it much more enjoyable to partake in a life of peace along the countryside. She always told stories of the fall leaves and fireflies and made it a point to show me whenever the opportunity arised. She mostly loved taking me and my father camping during the fall season. She said that everything looked the most lovely in such warm colors. So did she. Then again, that's when everything is withering away. I breathed in the fall air, looking at the fallen leaves before me. Despite being in the city, the trees still grew. I could sense my father turn to yell at me, but he didn't. All I heard were his footsteps retreating inside the complex, leaving me to my own self destructive thoughts.

(Bokuto POV)

"Hey, Bokuto!" I looked over curiously. Konoha smiled, waving at me and signaling to me to come over. I jogged over to meet him.

"HEY HEY HEY! What's the news?" I asked with enthusiasm.

"Did you hear, there is a cute new third year on campus. And by cute I mean really cute." He chuckled. "You should say hello. She might be in your class. Actually no. She looks too smart for that." He chuckled, running off.

"Bokuto-san, we should probably head to our classrooms. Don't go into emo mode just because of a joke. Calm down." Akaashi sighed, placing his stupidly gorgeous hand on my shoulder. Frowning, I made my way sorrowfully to my classroom. When I turned the corner, I bumped into someone, sending them falling to the ground.

"Are you okay?" I ask, reaching my hand down to help her up. My face began to blush, seeing the cute girl in front of me. Her smaller hand grasped mine as I pulled her up.

"Yeah, yeah. I am perfectly fine." She said, grabbing her bag.

"Who are you?" I asked.

"I am F/N L/N. It is nice to meet you." She bowed. "And who might you be?"

"Kotaro Bokuto, Fukurodani's star ace!" I announced proudly, causing her to chuckle.

"Okay then, Kotaro Bokuto, Fukurodani's star ace, it is nice to meet you. I'll see ya around." She said, turning on her heel towards the higher ranked classes. My smile turned into a pout remembering what Konoha had told me earlier.