Life Unheard Part 2

Akaashi x Reader

Akaashi x Reader

(Y/N POV)

A couple of years have passed since I met Akaashi. My heart kept fluttering every time he walked down the halls and smiled at me. Bokuto also started to get better at sign language, making jokes and telling me about volleyball.

I felt a tap on my shoulder.

Y/N, I was wondering if you wanted to go get some ice cream later. Akaashi signed to me. My cheeks reddened quickly, causing me to turn away and give him a thumbs up. After a bit I turned back, trying to calm my racing heart. Are you okay? You don't have a fever, do you? He signed, placing his hand on my forehead, making my cheeks flare up again.

I'm just fine. There is no need to worry. I signed back, his hand retreated from my forehead. He nodded as we started walking to the ice cream shop.

.

.

.

I skipped home, waving goodbye to Akaashi before opening my door. I was over the moon, my smile beamed to display it. I walked up to my room, flopping on my bed. I looked over at the window. The sun started to set, leaving the most beautiful sky to observe. The soft orange faded into a cozy shade of pink and beige. I swung my window open, letting the air brush past me in a calming motion. While staring at the sky, my attention hadn't landed on the fuming figure behind me. A sharp pain erupted in my lower back, causing me to spin around in surprise and pain. The man that one might consider my own father stood in my view. His aura deepened into a blood thirsty one. His lips twisted into a sinister smile as his eyes narrowed in on me. In his hand, he held one of the larger kitchen knives, which glistened with dark red. I let out a blood curdling scream as he lunged at me again. I was barely able to dodge, my back screaming at me to stop. I lost my balance, falling to the once soft, light grey carpet turned soiled with the staining of my blood. My eyes teared up as I held my arm up, trying to protect myself from the impact bound to hit. My hands shook with fear, unable to stay steady. My eyes clenched shut, not wanting to see the face of my father once more. I turned my head to the side, expecting a clean strike to end my existence.

They say the moment before you die, your life flashes before your eyes. I saw my father, smiling at me as he beckoned me to follow. My mother held his hand as she held my newborn baby brother. Oh it had been so long since I had seen them all smile. A flash of the past years with Bokuto went right before me. His peppy attitude, bright smile, large load of energy. It all made me smile, wishing to see him once more. Then I saw Akaashi. His kind eyes stared into mine as he patted my head. I didn't want to leave. No, I had so much more to see. Why was it that my life had to end?! I hadn't even graduated yet from high school. I hadn't yet began the career I wanted. I hadn't even had my first kiss. I cried out again, waiting for a pain to slash through me, but nothing happened. When I opened my eyes again, there my heart stopped. My father laid on his stomach, barely twitching. The knife had fallen not so far away. A warmth enveloped me, grabbing me tightly.

(Akaashi POV)

When parting ways with Y/N I had a strange feeling in my gut. Something was about to happen, but what? I pulled out my phone to text her to see how she was doing, though it had been only a few minutes since she arrived home. Worst case scenario, she teases me for being a worry wart. After a small amount of time went by, I ran to her house. Paranoid as I might have been, nothing felt right. Over protective, attached, etc. I did not care. When I arrived at her residency, the door was left ajar. Before I could knock, still trying to be polite if she didn't want me going into her house, my heart stopped. I heard a blood curdling scream. My feet started moving before I could even think. When I ran into her room, it felt like time itself had stopped. Y/N was on the ground, arms out to avoid contact while her father had his back turned to me. Quickly, I pulled out the small taser that I had been given and pressed it to the base of his neck, making him fall to the ground.

(Y/N POV)

After a couple of moments. The warmth pulled away, revealing Akaashi's worried face. He scanned my body, placing a hand to my wound before pulling out his phone with the other. The police came, taking my father away, while the paramedics patched me up. The entire time, Akaashi was right next to me, holding my hand gently. Akaashi translated for me and tried to make it easy for me to calm down. His parents allowed me to stay with them for a while until one of my other family members came to pick me up, which was unlikely. I cried into his shoulder that night, he stayed up with me, signing things to me occasionally and stroking my back. Slowly but surely, my eyes eased into relaxation until I fell asleep on his shoulder.

Author's Note: Omg, I was so, so, so close to publishing on time. Just as I was finishing, my mom came into my room and started yelling at me. T-T  Anyways, this may have been shorter than my usual ones, but think of how long it would have been if  part 1 and 2 were combined into one part. Maybe not that long but much longer than my usual ones. Take care and I might update tomorrow!

Word Count: 1029