Chapter 6

Grey POV

I creep into my house, and slowly close the door behind me. I quietly unzip my jacket, and lay my boots by the front door. I tip-toe upstairs, but then stop when I hear my name. "Grey!"

My mom screams from the kitchen, her voice not sounding too happy. "Get down here young man!"

She yells. I turn to go back downstairs knowing that she found out about my dad. "What were you doing so late?"

She questions, my eyes shooting daggers into mine. "Um, I-"

I quietly answer, staring at my feet. My mom bites her lip, and nods. "Just warning you, If I see you come home after 11 again, you will be grounded. OK?"

She says, upset. I nod. "So, honey, I just wanted to let you know that I will be going on a business trip to Las Vegas next week, so you will be staying home alone. With that said, I expect you to be on your best behavior, and no goofing around too much. Got it?"

I nod, thinking when I should have my party. "Grey, I'm serious ok. I'm not as stupid as you probably think I am. I watched many movies like Mean Girls and that Wimpy Kid movie, and when their parents left, the kids threw a party. I hope that will not happen in this house, Ok?"

My mom shot. I nodded again, this time thinking how I will pull this party off. "Ok, goodnight sweetheart."

My mom yawns, giving me a quick hug. I hug her back, and run back upstairs. When I'm in my room, I plop down on my bed, and turn on my phone. Time to text everybody all the party info. "Halloween Party, my house @ 7:30 p.m Friday the 31st. Bring your friends, and wear a costume. Call my cell for more info: 847-777-9731."

Then, I send out the text to the whole school, throw my phone on the floor, and go to sleep. Only I can't fall asleep. I toss and turn around for another hour or so. All of a sudden, I hear a voice in my head. "Grey, you need to cancel the halloween party, NOW! It will bring you and all your friend's bad luck, and trust me, you don't need anymore bad luck." I quickly turn on my lamp, and look around my room. Nobody's there. I sigh, and turn off my lamp. This time I finally fall asleep, not knowing that the Halloween party will turn out to be the worst experiance of my ghostly life.