Chapter 8

October 31, 2012

3:00 pm

Grey's POV

As soon as my mother pulls away from the driveway, I set right to work. 200+ highschoolers will be at my Halloween party. I sprint away to the kitchen, open the fridge, and pull out a few bottles of soda. I pour the bottles into plastic cups, and add in the ice. I then quickly search through my pantry, finding only chips and salsa. I organize the food and drinks into trays, and set them on the kitchen island. I look at my watch that's beeping. People will start coming in a few hours, and I still have to decorate the house. I run to the garage, and pull out a few boxes that hold Halloween decorations. Thank god, my mom already decorated the inside of the house. I just need to decorate the outside. I pull out a box containing a blow up cat, evil pumpkin, and a fog machine. I run to the front of my house, and start working on blowing up the blowups, and setting up the fog machine.

5:00 pm, Halloween Night

I run up to my room, and take out a huge container full of fake blood. I run back outside, and start going crazy. I pour the fake blood all over the front steps, grass, driveway, garage, and front door. After I'm done, I jog to the laundry, and pull out 7 rolls of toilet paper. I then start toilet papering the whole entire house. First the kitchen, then the hallways, then the stairs, then the family room, and then the basement. After I'm finally done, I run back outside, and start toilet papering the whole front yard. After I finally used up all the toilet paper, I run back inside, and pull out the boxes of fresh Candy Apples that my mom purchased a few days ago, but never go to opening. Finally, I'm done. I walk upstairs, and plop down on my bed. The first thing I see on my phone is a text from Blair. "Grey, I got grounded. I'm not allowed to come over tonight. Can you help me escape?"

I bite my lip and look around my room. "What's in it for me?"

I text her back, smiling. I wait a few seconds as she texts me back. "I will wear my bunny Play Boy costume."

She texts me back. I laugh to myself, as I read the text. "Meet me in your attic in 10."

I text her back, jumping off my bed as soon as I can. I quickly change into an all black outfit, grab a black duffel bag, and run downstairs to the garage. I rapidly grab a ladder, pick up a silly string container, climb into my car, and drive to her house.

I park my car a few houses down from Blair's, grab all my supplies, and start running. I jump over a fence to get into Blair's backyard. I pull out my ladder, and climb into the attic that is open. Blair is sitting on the floor, on her phone. "Finally!"

She screams, throwing herself on me. "Where's the bunny costume that you told me you'd wear?"

I ask her upset. "Jeez, let's first plan my escape!"

She whispers, sitting up. "OK,"

I say as I pull out a few things from my duffle bag. "So, we can pay your sister money, and tell her-"

I explain, suddenly being interrupted by Blair. "No! We are NOT getting Jessa included in this plan!"

She whispers angrily. I nod, forcing myself to agree with Blair. "How about we lock your door, put on music in your room, and hang a sign on your door that say's Studying for MAP test. DO NOT DISTURB."

I say, jotting a few things down on my phone. "Sure."

Blair says, still worried. "If somehow your mom gets in your room, we can leave a note on your desk that says, Went out to the grocery store to buy a few things, be back in an hour or so. That way, your mom can forget for a few hours, that you left.

I suggest, looking around the attic in disgust. Blair nods. "Great Idea."

She whispers back to me, getting up. "Ok!"

I whisper excitedly to Blair. "You go do that, and I will distract your mom."

She nods, and runs out of the attic. I get up, clean up my stuff, hide the ladder behind a few boxs, and run out of the attic too.