sweetarts (3)

i get in my car and turn the key making the engine shuffle. while i wait for my car to heat up, i decide to text george alex's address.

george🙈
me: hey george! alex's address is 6352 cedar rapids rd. see u then
george🙈: k thx. see ya

(see what i did there guys 😏😏)

i grow a smile on my face and make my way to karls house to pick him up. he walks out the front door wearing dark grey pants and a black sweater with black and white checkered vans. he opens the door and hops in.

"hey clay."
"hey"

he grabs the aux cord and plugs his phone in. karl has always had the best music taste out of all of us. he turns on his playlist and mr loverman starts playing. we both start softly singing the lyrics. this is a thing between me and karl. its kinda like our song, ya know?

"im headed straight for the floor
the alcohol served its tour
and its headed straight for my skin
leaving me daft and dim
ive got this shake in my legs
shaking the thoughts from my head
and who put these waves in the door
i crack and out i pour"

i grab a ciggarette out of my pocket and light it while still humming along. karl isnt much of a smoker, he prefers drinking.

"and im mr loverman
and i miss my loverman
im mr loverman
oh, and i miss my lover"

the cold wind blows in our faces through the rolled down windows. about 10 minutes later we arrive at alex's house. music already blasting and we arent even through the driveway. i park on the side of the road and we start walking up there. i can see the muli colored led lights throughout the whole house. i know alex's parents are never home so he gets to do whatever he wants with the place.

karl and i walk in to the front door, before he runs inside i say,

"text me if you need anything, dont do anything i wouldnt do."
"thanks clay" he runs off, im assuming to go find alex.

i go to alex's kitchen to see nick grabbing a drink out of the fridge.

"hey nick."
"oh hey clay! sorry i didnt come today. wasnt feelin it. do you know if george is coming?"
"uh im not sure. ill check." my face flushes red.

george🙈:
hey
ill be there in 15 mins
me: mkay :)

"uhm. he will be here in 15."
"alright sick. im gonna go find karl."

so here i am left alone at a party. great. the whole house smelled of alcohol which is nothing im not used to since im out doing this type of shit every night. i go around the house talking to some people i know from school, some completely random. about 10 minutes later after chilling with some classmates, i go outside to smoke. it relives so much stress. i love it. i go out and sit on the front porch. theres 2 other people out here, sitting on the swing chairs. i take a seat on the steps that lead up to the front door and take out a blunt. cigarettes are no fun at parties. this is the good shit. i take a hit and look up at the sky.

then a familiar face is walking up the front lawn. george. he is wearing a pair of cuffed jeans, a collared shirt with a black crewneck over it, and a pair of af1's.

"damn. he has style." i think to myself

i look up at him and he waves.