core memory (10)

george pov

my eyes open and i realize that i am at karls house. its now a friday morning and i look over to my phone and the time reads 10:32. but then i look down and realize that clay is hugging me, his head is in my chest. i run my hands through his hair for awhile and then he slowly opens his eyes and looks at me.

"mm goodmorning georgie"

i laugh at the nickname

"how are you feeling, clay?"
"much better. can we go get some food and then we can go back to my place?"
"my moms gonna be pissed if she finds out im skipping for the third time this week, but sure."

we both head downstairs to see alex sleeping on thr couch, and nick and karl talking in the kitchen.

"g'morning guys" nick says
"hey nick. me and george are gonna go grab some food. im sure ill see you this weekend, bye everyone!" clay says

we wave goodbye and head out the door. we both get in clays car and he turns on his phone for music. as we are driving clay looks at me and says,

"thank you for being there for me last night george. i really appreciate you"
"of course clay. im always here for you"

he puts his hand on mine, which is resting on my leg

"you make me really happy, george"

i smile and we stop at ihop to get some food. when we sit down, the waiter asks us what we want to eat. clay and i get 10 pancakes to share. we talk about random things, school, childhood, relationships.

"so george, have you had a girlfriend before?"
"uhm, yeah, a few years back. we only dated for about 3 months before she had sex with another person. i walked in on them doing it. ive had a pretty bad experience with relationships so far."
"hm. well, george, maybe i could change that."
"what are you saying, clay?"
"dont make me ask you."
"i dont know what you are talking about clay."
"george, i want you. be with me."

did he acctually just ask me out?!?!?!!?

"on one condition, clay."
"and what would that be"
"you see, heres the thing. i dont like to be pushed around. you will not, and i repeat, will not assume me to be anything i am not."
"what dont you want me to assume, georgie?"
"clay. you know what im talking about. everyone thinks im a bottom. its fucking annoying."
"well, lets find out."

my face goes bright red

he smirks. of course he did, little bastard.

we make small talk the rest of the meal and this is the moment i know clay is mine. and i am clays. this is a core memory, for sure.

we get back into the car and drive to clays house. right when we get inside we sit on the couch together and turn on some tv. he looks at me, and i look at him. his face turns red as he leans closer to me.

"george"
"yes, clay?"
"do you want this?"
"more than anything. all ive thought about for the past month since ive moved here is you, clay. i cant get you out of my mind. your dirty blonde hair. your green eyes. your everything. ive wanted nothing more for you to kiss me. i saw a shooting star last night, clay. and i wished to kiss you."
"well george, your wish is my command."

he leans in closer to me and i put my hand around the back of his neck. my other hand makes my way up to his hair. his lips are soft against mine, and he tastes exactly how i thought he would. like vanilla. he pulls away for one second, then looks at me in the eyes.

"george, you are all i think about too."

i lean back in and smile into another kiss. while my lips are on his, i slowly manage to straddle him. my legs around his hips. when the kiss is over, i rest my head on his chest.

we end up cuddling on the couch together for most of the day, until clay gets a call from nick.

clay pov

george is laying on my chest, and my phone rings from across the room. i get up from the couch and answer the call.

"clay. help. help. please"
"slow down nick, whats going on"
"my dad h-hit me again. worse than i-its ever been dude plea- please help"
"okay ill come pick you up. stay on the phone with me nick okay? everythings okay."

"george ill be right back"

he nods okay at me

"nick can you talk to me?"
"o-okay"
"name some things that are around you right now."
"t-the carpet, and some- some pillows. lo- lots of beer bottles too"
"okay, im two minutes away. can you tell me what happened"
"i tried to get my co- computer from downstairs a- and i didnt r-realize he was down th- there"
"okay. im pulling into your house right now nick, im gonna hang up now, okay?"
"okay. please h- hurry"

i rush inside his house to see sapnap leaned up against the kitchen island. he definetly was right. by the looks of his face, its definetly the worst its ever been.

word count: 902