i didnt save you (15)

george pov

we arrive in the parking lot of a small, 2 story house along the beach. my eyes light up when i look at the yellow, orange, and pink sky. clay gets out of his side of the car, then opens my door. i dont even notice because im looking at the sky for so long.

"idiot, are you coming"
"o- oh yeah."

i slowly step out of the car and close the door behind me. clay slaps my back lightly and starts running towards the house.

"last one there is a rotten egg!"

i start running after him, but i catch up fairly quickly. we both get to the front door at the same time and he leads me inside.

"well shit. i guess we are both rotten eggs," i say

clay laughs and we set our bags inside. i walk over to the L-shaped couch in the living room and plop down. clay comes over to me and gives me a sad look.

"we just got here. already slacking, georgie?"
"yes. im tired. go" i say sleepily
"no. come on, we are going out on the beach."
"what the hell, its literally almost 11 and you want to go on the beach. im tired clay"

he graps on my arm and yanks me off of the couch and back towards our suitcases. he opens my suitcase and hands me a swimsuit that was packed away. now, all of my belongings lay on the floor messily.

"george, i wore my swimsuit for a reason. go get dressed"
"fine" i say

i get into the bathroom and change my clothes into a grey pair of swim trunks i brought. when im done, i throw my clothes into the pile that already is on the floor. clay takes my hand and he runs outside. the beach is only about 200 feet away from out backdoor, so its a short jog. hand in hand, we dont stop running until our feet hit the cold water. clay and i are chest deep in the water, well, chest deep for him, neck deep for me. my hands are on his hips, his hands are on my shoulders. we are just looking into eachothers eyes until i rest my head up against his chest. he puts his chin on the top of my head and i can feel his smile.

"i love you, george"
"you more, idiot" i say
"through everything, george, its you. i always choose you. as everything in my life falls apart, you are the one thing that keeps me going. everything is going wrong for me george, but you are the one and only thing i fight for. my world is burning beneath me, but its you. its you that saves my torn apart, burning, messed up goddamn life."

i have no words, but clay has more.

"ive been clean since ive been with you, i have gotten bolder. you helped me re-gain not only my confidence, george, but my reason for life. i love you"

that helps me find my words

"that first day when you walked up to me, clay, i already knew we were going to be good friends. im glad i could help you. but just know, i didnt save you. i just gave you the motivation to help you save yourself"

"why me, george, why do you put up with all of my bullshit? im no one you want, george, you know."
"dont say that. i love you for you. i love all of your flaws, i love that pretty smile of yours. i love your ability to laugh at yourself. theres not one thing i dont love about you, clay."
"really?"
"mhm. i love your ability to be a dick, too"

we both chuckle and spend the next hour sitting in the sand, in eachothers arms.

clay pov

i look down at george sleeping in my arms. the cool air and the sand in my hair completes the night. no other way i would want to spend my friday. i decide before it gets too late to wake george up so i can get him inside. i lightly shake him

"george, lets go inside."
"mkayyy"

we get up and i hold him up with my arm around him. i open the door and take him upstairs to our room. he immediately pulls down the covers and slips into the bed. i quickly change out of my swimsuit and throw on a pair of shorts and a t-shirt. then, i get into bed and put my arms around george. i nuzzle my nose into his hair and breathe in a scent of the outdoors. i quickly doze off with the boy of my dreams in my own arms.

birds are chirping, the breeze is shifting trees, the scent of green grass fills my nose and i open my eyes. george is already out of bed, so i continue lying down for a little bit then decide its time to get up. when i look at my phone the time says 12:53.
damn. i slept in i think
i go down the steps slowly and see george eating what looks like sausage and pancakes. i walk into the kitchen and grab a plate.

"goodmorning george. how did you sleep? i slept amazing, and you?" george says sarcastically because i havent said anything.
"sorry. sleepy" i mutter
"im only kidding, clay. but seriously, how did you sleep?"
"pretty good. when did you get up?"
"about an hour ago. tell me if the food is good. ive literally never cooked a day in my life."
"ppf- douche." i laugh at him.

i take a bite out of the bur- VERY burnt sausage and the immediate taste of charcoal fills my mouth. i spit it out back onto my plate and george and i burst out laugining.

"g- george tha- that was the m- most gross thi- thing i have e- ever put i- into my mout- mouth!" i say in between laughs.

george and i are both rolling on the floor laughing. we finally get up and i take him out to my car to get some better food. we are listening to music frkm my playlist.

"seriously george, how does one screw up a fucking sausage that bad?"
"like i said, ive never cooked a day in my life. dont blame me!" he says

we pull up in the tim hortons drive through and i geg us some iced coffees and breakfast sandwhiches. we drive back to our condo and sit in the living room eating our food.

very sorry for not updating recently!!
word count: 1114