always (11)

clay pov

i walk into the kitchen and there is blood everywhere. a shattered glass door, smashed cupboards, a hole in the wall. nick is leaning up against the island in the middle of the room, barely concious. i run over to him

"nick? nick? stay with me. im gonna call 911, okay?"
"o- okay"

i pull out my phone and dial the number. when i explain the situation, they say an ambulance will be here in 5 minutes. i sit with nick until i can hear faint  sirens from the ambulance

(W-WAMBULAMCE 😵😖😓) im sorry i had to

they put nick in the stretcher and im not allowed to go with him since im not family. so i call george and ask him to come pick me up and take me to the hospital. when i get in the car i feel numb. we drive in silence. its not comfortable, nor uncomfortable silence. just silence. he drops me off without saying a word. when i get to nicks hospital room, a tear sheds from my eye. he looks up at me with his now, bruised, swollen, and puffy eyes. he says,

"im gonna be okay, clay."
"i know. you know me though, i worry about you. im sorry i wasnt there when it happened and i think its my fault and i know you dont want me to blame myself but i wasnt there in time and im-"
"dude! chill, its not your fault. you couldnt have done any more to help."
"okay"

i sit down in the chair beside him and cry quietly. an hour or two later, a nurse comes in.

"so nick, after the test results we have figured out that you have a broken nose, and minor concussion."
"can he come home?" i ask
"yep. take care of him, dont take your eyes off of him. concussions can get really bad. go check out at the front desk."

i help nick up and check out at the front desk, like the nice nurse told us to. we walk outside and i look around in the parking lot and remember that my car isnt here. but, to my right, i see george in his car asleep at the wheel. i walk over to him with nick and tap him on the shoulder.

"george? what the hell? why are you still here?"
"i- uh wanted to make sure you were okay. you didnt text me anything yet so i was gonna stay here until you guys left. hop in and ill drop you off at your house, clay."

i dont say anything back. i help nick get into the car and i sit in the backseat with him. we drive about 15 minutes until i see my house in the distance. george stops in my driveway.

"hey nick? go inside, ill be in in just a sec okay?" i say
"okay"

he goes in through the front door and when i see it close i look at george.

"listen george, you really didnt ha-"
"but i did clay. i meant it when i said i would always be here for you. you are my best friend. always."
"right. always. thanks again george. i appreciate it a lot. ill see you over the weekend, yeah?"
"before you go- um- just"

he leans in and kisses me. this time, it is filled with pure joy. when he pulls away he says,

"now get out of my car, dickhead"

i laugh at him

"bye george"

i walk in through the front door to see sapnap laying down on the couch. i go to the freezer to frab an ice pack and i bring it over to nick and put it on his nose. he shivers a little by the sudden coldness. i lay down and put my head next to his.

"y'know you cant go back there, nick. he put you in the hospital."
"i know"
"where even is he now?"
"i dont know. he just drove off. but when he hit me, he said he didnt want to see me back home ever, and that i was a shit of a son if he ever saw one."

we both stay silent for awhile after that.

after awhile, nick and i both fall asleep. i wake up to a shake on my shoulder, when i look up, its maddie.

"someones at the door for you. he has food with him."

i get off of the couch and rub my eyes. when i open the door i yawn but when i see that its george, i smile. he has chick fil a and a bunch of snacks with him.

"are you gonna let me in, or just stare at me?"
"y- yeah sorry"

we walk in through the front door and he sets the food down on the counter.

"i hope its okay i brought stuff over. i wasnt sure is you had eaten yet."
"no, no we havent eaten. we were acctually both just sleeping."
"okay, cool. should we wake him up to eat?"
"no, i think he needs as much rest as possible."

we get the food and start eating at the kitchen table. we dont talk much, just about normal things. school, plans for the weekend. the usual. when im done eating i tell him i will be right back. i dont say why though, but its really to go smoke outside. i get outside and pull out a blunt that i had rolled earlier and smoke it. i havent smoked in over a day, so this felt good. for some reason, whenever i feel like smoking, or doing any sort of drugs, i think of george. then my body tells me to not smoke. its weird, almost like i feel ashamed if i do any of that type of stuff around him.

would he judge me?
would he think i have a worthless life?
would he think im stupid?
would he think i depend on drugs?
what would he think?
would he think its dumb?
and then if he thinks its dumb would he not like me anymore?
what happens then?

i immediately throw the blunt on the side of the road when these thoughts pop into my head. i walk back inside looking sadder then ever. if george questions it, i have no idea what i will say. when i walk back inside, he is sitting at the kitchen counter on his phone. i walk over to him snd sit in the seat next to him.

"where did you go?"
well fuck
"oh, it was nothing"
"what do you mean nothing? you dont have to tell me, but you werent doing nothing for 20 minutes."
"oh- uhm i was uh smoking pot"
"why didnt you want to tell me that?"
"i honestly dont know."

i know nick is gonna sleep for awhile longer, so i have george come up to my room with me. we sit on the bed.

"george, why do you stick with me?"
"because i trust you. even though we met barely a month ago, i know that i can always trust you. and i know weve been through shit together, but clay, ill have you know, that no matter what, you will always be mine."
"right. always."

omg thank u so much for 2k reads thats very cool to thank u

word count: 1232