i cant help it (16)

clay pov

"this is so much better than your shitty cooking. you know that, george?" i say
"how many goddamn times do i have to tell you i have literally never cooked sausage before" he says
"just sayin, these breakfast sandwiches slap"
"im sure." george snaps at me

once we are done eating out breakfast, i decide that the perfect way to spend our saturday morning together is to go on a walk out along the beach. i tell george and we both get dressed for the hot weather. once we walk outside together, the sky is still painted with different shades of oranges and yellows. i will never get used to how pretty it is out here. its like the sky is not only pretty at morning or night, but all day!

we are walking along the beach, georges hand in mine, and my hand in georges. just talking about random things.

"y'know, ive never been to a beach before until now."
"what the hell you mean you have never been to a beach before? how has someone never been to a beach?"
"thats why im british jack-ass. the beaches back in london were bland strips of land connected to musty ass water."
"what the hell george. you never told me you lived in the uk."
"how else would i have an accent then? use your brain, clay"
"makes sense i guess"

after out walk we get back to the beach house and i go into the kitchen to make some food. george goes up to our shared bedroom, to take a nap i assume. i also decide to get some rest so i lay down on the couch.

george pov

when i open my eyes the clock says 5:27
damn. i slept for a long time.
i wonder where clay is so i go downstairs to see him sleeping on the couch. i walk over to him and shake him softly. he opens his eyes and rubs them, along with a yawn.

"g'morning georgie"
"its 5:30, we slept for hours. how come you didnt come upstairs? i was lonely" i pout
"i was too lazy to walk up there."
"of course you were. now lets go find some food for dinner. sound good?"

we walk into the kitchen and clay decides to make some pasta. while hes cooking, we are singing along to songs that play on our speaker. as we are eating our dinner, clay goes to the bathroom. im sitting there for 10 minutes at the table, and he still isnt back. i wander around the whole house and then stumble upon clay outside smoking, weed, i assume.
our eyes lock, but his eyes are filled with fear. fear? why would he be afraid?

"g-george im sorry please dont be upset"
"why would i be upset?"

he stays quiet

"clay, i dont care what you do. as long as you be healthy about it, its your decision. if you want me to help you on your road to quitting, thats fine too. all you have to do is ask."
"okay" he says quietly
"u-uhm. ive been trying to quit for a long time. but its really hard. everytime it pops into my brain i feel like i have to use it. i cant help it" he adds
"and thats okay. i will be here to help you in whichever ways you would want me to. im always here for you, clay. always"
"always, georgie?"
"always."

maybe another chapter tonight :)
thx again for 4k reads thats todally crazy thank uuu word count: 601