brothers n lovers (6)

warnings: sh

"whats up"
"nothin much. just making food for maddie. did you go to school today?"
"yeah. i didnt even drink too much at the party so i decided to go. obviously you werent there so what did you do all day?" he asks
"uhm, i was with george"
"oh cool. did you guys fu-"
"NO nick. we did not fuck. we havent done anything, dude for fucks sake we dont like eachother like that"
"i saw the way you took care of hin when he was throwing up"
"okay... i was just being helpful. what did you want me to do, kick him in the cock and let him sleep in the grass?"
"no... bu-"
"hey clay! oh, hey nick! whats up?" maddie says
"hey maddie. my favorite sibling" nick smiles and hugs her

i continue to make grilled cheeses for all of us and we sit at the table together, us three acctually eat dinner often together, maybe a few times a week. once we are all done eating i take everyones plates and rinse them off

"nick ima go upstairs"
"okay" he sits down at the couch and turns on the tv.

he practically lives here, he even has a room for himself since we have a 5 bedroom house. his room is just a normal room, with a few drawers of clothes, and he even has a tv in there. but, he chooses to watch tv downstairs with my sister. sometimes i feel like hes a better brother to her than me. but i dont really know how to be better. im trying my best, and maddie knows that. thats another reason why i love nick. hes pretty much not only a brother to me, but a brother to maddie, and a son to my mom.

i look over and sapnap is walking in my room and jumps on the bed and lands right next to me.

"you should see if george wants to come over"
"okay. ill text him right now i guess"

george🙈

me: wanna come over? nick is here

george🙈: sure lemme tell my parents

me: k

george pov

i respond to clay quickly and run down the stairs to ask my parents.

"hey mom, can i go over to a friends house to study tonight? i will probably be home late, but ill let you know and stuff when i leave."

"sure george. im just glad you are making friends so quickly."

i run back up the steps and change out of clays hoodie for the first time today. i go into my closet and put on a pair of tan pants, and a purple oversized tee shirt, with some gold rings. i grab my backpack to make sure my parents think im going to acctually study, put on my black converse, and walk out the door.

i am now at clays front door knocking. when the door opens it is clear that nick opened it. he motions me to come inside, and we sit down on the couch together. he shouts,

"CLAY!! GET YOUR BITCH ASS DOWN HERE!!"

he comes jogging down the stairs in cuffed jeans and a black collared crewneck.

"really clay, you got dressed up just for george to come over?"
"wh- what do you mean im just in normal clothes nick..."
"mhm" nick scoffs at him

clay goes into another room and comes back out with candies- sour patch, twix, nerds, and a king size bag of sweetarts. my face turns bright red and i start smiling like crazy.

"yes george, these sweetarts are for you. all yours"
"oh my god thank you!!" i laugh

we all get blankets and turn on a movie on the tv. nick is to my right, clay is to my left. we are all snacking untill there is a buzz on nicks phone, he looks at it.

"shit. clay its my dad. you know how he gets, i gotta go."
"damn dude. text me when you get there so i know you are safe. text me if anything goes wrong, too"
"i will. love you" he says as he gets up and runs out the door
"love you too man" clay shouts back as we hear the front door close.
"so, you guys are close huh" i ask
"yeah. we have been friends for 12 years. he lives here pretty much. hes like a brother to me and maddie and a son to my mom."
"oh"

he puts his arm around my shoulder and i lean my head against his shoulder. a few minutes later his head is leaning right up against mine. i cant pay attention to the movie because of the fact that clay is with me right now.

finally after what seems like forever, the movie ends and it is 12am.

"wanna spend the night here george? if you dont want to skip school tomorrow then we can totally go. i understand."
oh my god. im gonna spend the night at clays?!??!?
"yeah for sure. let me text my mom to let her know i wont be home."

i text my mom and she says i can stay as long as i am on time for school tomorrow.

i let clay know and we walk up the stairs. another reason i brought my backpack is because i had a feeling that i was gonna stay the night anyways.

we go into his room and i set my bag down and he invites me onto the bed with him. we keep some sort of a distance between eachother and a few minutes later he gets up and turns off the light. we lay there on our phones untill i look over to see clay passed out with his phone fallen on his face. i reach over and take his phone off his face and put it on the nightstand beside us. i turn my phone off to and slip under the covers. 5 minutes later i slowly drift to sleep.

clay pov

i wake up to my alarm at 5:15, and then look over to my right to george sleeping. i get some clothes for the day- black and white checkered pants with a red thrasher shirt. i get my clothes and head to the bathroom to shower. as im in the shower shaving the growing beard, i glance back at the razor, then my arms, back at the razor, at my arms, razor, arms. razor. arms. razor. arms. razor. arms. razor. arms.

no, no i have been clean for 2 weeks. dont do this clay. you always get like this. you pathetic stupis piece of shit. fuck, i was doing so good.

i think these things as i dont even realize blood trickling down my wrist. more cuts are being made. deeper, and deeper, as i am quietly sobbing, or so i thought it was quiet.

knock knock

fuck fuck fuck oh shit oh no.

i get out of the shower quickly and get on my clothes i picked out earlier,

SHIT. short sleeves. god damnit now george is gonna see.

i open the door with my arms crossed to try and cover everything, half expecting maddie to be there. but no, it was george. standing there with a worried look.

"is everything okay? i uhm thought i heard crying"
"yeah, everythings good." i say as i start walking right past him.

an arm softly grabs on my wrist

"s-ss ow" is the noise that mamnages to come out of me.

george turns me towards him and looks down at my bloody wrist and his now bloody hand.

word count: 1276