Chapter 13 : A Simple Favor

I knew I wasn't gonna be able to pull off a job this big on my own. No, if anything I'll need all the backup I can get, plus an easier way inside.

And since I already told Shiggy my plans, he knew the calls I'd have to make, and the people he didn't like that I'd have to talk to. That's what ended me on a nearby rooftop in the middle of a more rural part of the main city.

It was fun to perch, lent up against the railing, hoodie and leather vest strapped, ripped jeans, skates, pads, mask, face in my phone and waiting for a reply from a certain spry budget cut Spiderman friend of mine. I've been staring at my inbox for what felt like hours. It was late into the night too, almost 10 pm.

"Look up Cerezo!" I hear suddenly from above me.

I tilt my head up and almost stumble back when me and Sero's noses are practically touching. He was perched upside-down from using his tape and the overhead streetlamp on top of the roof. I pushed him and sent him swinging away, only for him to cut the tape and stick the landing like a champ. He quickly fixed his hair and laughed off my surprise while I was still hyperventilating.

"What the fuck Hanta!?" I screamed, while he still caught his own breath from laughing so damn hard.

"Sorry! I couldn't help it! It was an old trick I learned and dammit the face you made was ridiculous!"

Oh how I wanted to punch him in the face so bad, but I had to resist despite it. I took my mask off, stuffing it in my bag and taking my hood off. Sero's expression quickly softened, and his laughing died out a little.

"... Those scratches on your face, Shigaraki?" he asked me.

I looked up at him, worried that he was thinking about the ways Tomura would want to hurt me for stepping outta line. And personally I think it's too early to call us a thing, but I'm not about to tell Hanta about the events of this morning. He doesn't have to know, I'm only here to talk business. But I couldn't be too guarded, he's my friend now.

"It's... A long story, he got mad and rightfully so. I forgave him and he swears it'll never happen again."

Sero's concern only grew, "That's not okay Chica, you should've put him in his place an-"

Before he could dare finish that sentence, the soul piercing glare I shot him got him to shut up real quick. Sure I wasn't happy about what Tomura did, but I wasn't about to stand there and let my friend diss my boss right in front of my face. My glare sent Sero to put his hands up and shut his mouth on the spot knowing what he said would only piss me off more and give him less of a chance at what I was about to offer.

We took our spot on the railing, Sero perched and slouched over while I simply stood behind the rails and rested my arms. A heavy sigh left my lungs as I breathed in the night air to calm my nerves. Sero's eyes met mine and so our little exchange began.

"I wouldn't have called you if I didn't need your help."

"Didn't have to tell me for me to know Cerezo, go ahead, I'm all ears."

It was good to hear he was ready to cooperate with me, I'm starting to like this kid more than I already did.

So, if you were curious, this is the plan. I'm finally gonna attempt my big break, my stunt, something that'll finally get my villain name on the streets. But in order to get a good broadcast point, I needed an easy way inside. This stunt would definitely get me the backup I'll need in the future, a loyal following. But right now, me on my own, I only got one good outlet and I follow the league's orders. For this job, I needed an insider, an impostor, and Sero's perfect for it.