Chapter 5: Hard Reset

There was nothing, nothing but darkness surrounding me in my broken limp state, post-crash I would call it.

I could hear the muffled noises of people talking, but it was distant, like it was in another room. I was still dazed and confused since my crash ended pretty badly and my head was still thudding with the echoes of pain. The headache and backlash of the events I last remember, were enough to wake me up.

My eyes felt like lead, but I managed to ease them open to fixate my blurred gaze to the room I was in.

From what I could tell, the lights in the room were dimmed, not off, just dimmed. A subtle red LED lighting coming from a gaming setup in the corner of the room. I couldn't quite make it out but, it was similar to a kind of set-up I'd have.

I was laying in a pretty cozy bed... No, it was a very plush couch, a weighted blanket draped over me and my plush corgi tucked underneath my arm that I seemed to have been snuggling for the time I was passed out. There weren't any windows in this room from what I could tell, or at least all the curtains were drawn. There was a wide screen TV in front of the couch, directly right to where I was laying on the couch length-wise.

If I looked a little upward, I could see the desk set-up, but I can't make out the details of what it's made up of, because my eyes were still adjusting, my vision still blurred and hazy.

The ringing in my ears began to subside, the subtle bustling noise of the room and a nearby fan filled my head instead of the ear-piercing silence.

I don't like this, I don't like this at all. Did somebody kidnap me or something when I crashed? I don't recognize this room... Fuck this, I'm getting out of here.

Gathering my thoughts and rubbing my sore head, I sat up despite the weight of the blanket holding me down. My eyes could see clearly through the dim lighting of the room, there was a window. Good, an escape route.

Getting up I noticed my clothes are different. There's bandages binding my chest and covering it, great, whoever captured me took it upon themselves to fucking undress me! That's weird as hell! But I was wearing some casual black PJ pants and from what I could feel my undergarments were definitely still on. The whereabouts of the nearest shirt and bra however, completely unknown.

All that was covering my chest were bandages, and my arms, my face was patched up too. Whoever took me, took the freedom to sorta address my wounds. Okay, weird, but still, I want out.

I pulled the curtains of the window and undid the hinges to slide it open. Working my way out the window despite my aching wounds, I pushed my body out the window an landed on the ground, making a run for it. It was a warm night, I couldn't tell the time but judging by the placement of the moon in the sky and it being the warmer seasons, it's roughly midnight or the earliest hours of the morning at the most.

But I didn't make it far before I got interrupted by a sudden black swirling mist of a wormhole that stopped me directly in my tracks. I stumbled back to turn on my heel and run the other way, but before I could, a familiar face emerged from the darkness that appeared in front of me.That proper attire, the cloud of black mist creating a portal, I couldn't be wrong.

"K-Kurogiri?"

The fear in my voice finally showed through, along with my confusion and exhaustion. Kurogiri looked down at my semi-broken state, his expression unreadable as always but the concern showed in his voice, "Lyn-San, why are you attempting to escape? You're still at base, everyone's so worried about you. You've been in a coma-like state for over three days."

Hang on... THREE FUCKING DAYS!?

I stood there, dumbfounded, looking around and noticing that this was still indeed the structures that stood around base. But, I didn't recognize the room I was in at all.