Chapter 1: Good Morning Corruption

Someone once said, 'I think a hero is any person who really intends on making this world a better place for all people'. Others would say hard times don't create heroes and that it's during the hard times when the hero within someone is truly revealed.

I call bullshit. 

It's sappy and glorified phrases like these that make physically sick to my stomach. Churns my insides till I feel like the human equal to cotton candy somebody tried to wash before they ate it. Guess that's what got me out of bed in the morning which sucked.

Turning over in my small twin sized bed that I seriously need to stop impulse-buying blankets for, realizing I woke up literally half an hour before my alarm was supposed to go off. Well, that's a pain, definitely gonna be in a shit mood today. My condolences to the next stubborn asshole that gets in my way from what I want today because odds are they don't walk away from me alive.

"Uhrg, okay dumbass, time to get up" I groaned and rolled out of bed onto the floor, eager to already quit today. Like when you just open a game, have a good run, realize you did something stupid that might as well have ruined the whole thing so you quit the game and chuck the console... Just me? Oh well I'm about as relatable as the next guy. Rolling out of bed doesn't even hurt anymore, I've just gotten used to it. Besides, wakes me up better than the sound of that annoying, blaring and loud-

VRR, VRR, VRR- BEEEEEEEEEEEP- click

And there's my alarm, dammit.

The vibrations before the off-key tune of the ringtone that radiated from my phone was the last kick I needed before I was fully awake and fueled with resentment for the world. Oh well, time to get dressed.

I didn't really intend to go anywhere today so maybe just something casual will do it for today. Managing to get up on my twig-like legs and I stumbled through the early morning darkness and felt along my walls for my closet door. Hit my light switch and blinded myself like an idiot but hey, at least after the sun-like blindness subsided I'd be able to see right?

And someone would think that the early morning sunlight would be waking me up, nope, no natural light in my room. Hell no I'd rather my hellish alarm than that burning bright ball of hellfire, blinds and curtains are drawn over my windows at all times.

But as aggravating as morning light can be, the scenic view from my high-up apartment gets me a pretty good look over the city. Sometimes calming to just sit there with a cup on coffee and catch and eyeful of the heights, or completely ignore it and move on with my dreadful life. And such as any good normal introvert would, I chose the ladder.

"Hey Bixby, play my morning playlist why don't you?"

Bixby is my automated home system, like my own little home-bot but she's mainly there to turn my lights on and off, remind me of my daily schedule and, well, keep me entertained so I don't have to suffer in complete silence.

Soon enough, the sound of somewhat soothing lofi hip/hop beats filled the aura of my studio apartment and I suddenly wasn't as aggravated as I was moments ago.

I decided that my comfort came first before my clothing so I turned around and quickly made my little make-shift bed before turning to my sparse wardrobe at the foot of it. Rummaging through a pile of half-washed-half-worn clothes and just threw on my Gothic black T-Shirt with a sketched-out skull design and said that would work.

Then came what I'd wear on my lower half, and my mind always defaults to jeans because those are comfortable and I don't have to think too hard about which pair I should wear. I just grabbed the first pair I could reach and accepted my fate. Slipped on some tacky pastel socks and called it a job well done.