Chapter 17

A/N:

  Sorry it's such a short chapter. I'm hoping my next chapter will be longer.

  Anyways! 🥳Happy birthday to me!!! 🥳 I got sick so I couldn't have a party this week but there's hope for next week since I'll be better by then!

Thank you all for reading! As always, I love you all!! Hope you have a good day! 🥰😘

🦋——————🦋

Y/N P.O.V

The fridge door closed as Emile turned around and looked at me with a pout. "We need more food."

I hummed. "Pardon me but isn't it a bit weird that you eat? I mean, your not really a-alive.", I shyly whispered.

He chuckled and walked over to my seat. "It's alright to ask questions my angel.", he ruffled my hair ,"No, I don't have to eat. Food doesn't affect me much. But I do it anyways because it still tastes good and because I don't want to make you feel awkward by having you be the only one eating."

  I nodded and smiled. He's so thoughtful. And besides, who can resist food?!

Emile hummed, "I know you've been wanting to go outside...and it isn't dark out yet...". I held my breath. Could this be it?

"But", No. Of course not. "I don't trust the other souls out there...and to put you around that many for the first time...", Emile sighed.

  He lifted my chin with his finger softly smiling at me.

  "So you better be ready when I come home. So we can go for a walk together."

  I gasped as my smile came back. I eagerly jumped up and hugged him. To which he returned the hug and chuckled at.

  A house can reflect on people, I guess. Edward's house was stuffy and although pretty, I still hated it. The dark wood doors in it always mocked me telling me I couldn't leave.

  Emile's house is beautiful, spacious. But just like Emile, it's has a surprise. It has another room it keeps hidden down inside. A room that I'm sure only has gone in. Even so, he has let me in. He's letting me into his heart, and I couldn't be more excited.

  He let go me and smiled that adorable smile I love. "I'll be back soon, okay?"

  I nodded, "okay".

  He then grabbed his wallet and kissed my head with a 'goodbye'. Emile looked at me with warm, and loving eyes before turning around and closing the front door.

  I was fixing my hair when I heard the door open downstairs. Finishing up, I headed towards the stairway that overlooked the living room.

  With a smile on my face, I turned and saw something I didn't want to see.

  Or someone.....

  It was an intruder. A man with blonde hair tied into a ponytail, was looking around the living room.

Who is he?, And where's Emile?, my heart started to pound as I hid behind the wall.

  Once the intruder was out of sight, I headed for the library. All that was on my mind was to get behind that door and into that secret room. Then I'd be safe.

  I breathed a sigh of relief as I got inside the library. However, that peaceful moment quickly ended when I heard the strangers footsteps growing closer.

  Looking around, I saw some plants and some boxes in the corner. Knowing I wouldn't have time to open the door I hid behind the plants making sure he couldn't see me.

  He stepped into the room and looked around with a smirk.

"Come out come out wherever you are.", his voice was deep, and in the tone he used, it was creepy.

  Emile where are you?!, I wanted to whine but I knew I'd give me away. I've played this type of sick game before with Edward. And it never ended well when I got caught.

  Finally, between the leaves, I saw his legs move towards the door. Closing my eyes for a second, I tried calm myself.

  I need to keep a good head on my-

  "Found you."