Chapter 22

3rd P.O.V

Emile stood up and offered a hand out to Brian. "Come on. Let's do it right this time."

With a hopeful gaze, Brian looked up at him. "It's too late for me. I've already-"

  "No.", cutting off Brian, Emile got down on one knee getting eye level with the blonde. "It's never to late to change. I mean look at us. We're both dead and somehow living."

  That statement made them both chuckle. And with that, Brian took Emile's hand and stood up. Just like that he realized, all he needed was a little help from his friend to stand steady.

  Brian, with a smile, walked over to a button and pressed it. "Go get her lion"

  "Lion?", Emile questioned.

Brian simply smiled, "Yeah, you have a hair as big as a mane. It's just not blonde like mine." He carded a hand through his hair to prove his point.

The gesture only made Emile playfully roll his eyes. "Well then, this lion will be back for you..so don't worry kitten." And with a wink, Emile left a slightly flushed Brian.

  "I-it's cub!"

———————

Y/N P.O.V

  Hanging my head low, past images blurred together. All I could hear was everyone...everyone in my life screaming at me. Im the size of a door mouse, sitting in a black abyss. While everyone who has ever left, or hurt me are yelling out, "It's all your fault!"

In the distance I can hear someone crying...is it me?...am I crying?.

No...it can't be.

They took all my emotions away...they took my love and tore it into shreds.

But even so....why does soft sniffing disturb me so much? It's all in my head. But why can't I get rid of it?

Grunting I speak my thoughts out into the dark, "Just go away....stop crying already."

".....please..."

Lifting my head slowly, recognizing I wasn't the only one who spoke. There stood a crying Emile holding the key to my chains. How ironic. With my head down I could never see this man in front me. Already unlocking the chains and moving me into his gentle arms.

As he did so, he spoke softly to me. Almost whispering, comforting words. Even though I couldn't comprehend most of it, with his tone I knew he was trying to comfort both me and him. And it was working.

Of course...those monsters around all of us could never take all my love, hope, or strength away.

Because I find myself giving it to him.

This time, all the screaming in my head was just background noise. As the abyss cleared up like a rainy cloud passing by.

Smiling at him as best as I could, I gently nuzzled my head into his chest. "You came."

This must have shocked him as I felt him tense for a second before relaxing.

"I'll always run after you."

———————-

Emile P.O.V

After making sure Y/N was asleep, I stood up. Trying not to shake her awake or accidentally cause her any more pain, I slowly walked towards the door.

I did notice all the fresh scars and wounds on her frail body. And something within me almost snapped. It's scary to think that I could get out of control while growing closer to becoming another soulless monster.

I felt all this anger when I saw her wounds. Anger at Brian for physically hurting my angel, anger at myself for allowing this to happen and not being there to protect her. But most of all, anger for the monster that has Brian held by the throat forcing him to harm others.

With my eyes glowing and fixed glare, I declared,

"Once I make sure my angel is safe and healthy. Even, if I don't reach my goal. Even if I turn. I will do everything in my power to find you and kill you

  Diablo.

And that's not a threat. It's a promise."