Chapter 24

3rd Person P.O.V

Having moved to the couch, Emile listened intently to Y/N 's past. All the good memories she had with her parents, and mother. The corpse was happy she was sharing things with him. Watching his angel, his second chance of true love and happiness being closed off, disinclined from hunger and conversating; hurt. It felt like his heart had died again. Abandoned him, all the while he tried to stay patient, calm, happy, hopeful for her. He would show her all of those positive emotions, however, what he didn't know is she knew he was hurting. Knew he was hurting by the way his hair was constantly messy, the way he'd rush preparing dinner so he could put the knifes back because he was worried.

Y/N grew to notice the features in Emile's face. The lines above his brow, showing he was concerned or worried. The way his smile would brighten when she actually spoke more than two sentences. But his eyes... his eyes gave away every emotion.

Looking at her partner now, Y/N's mind flashed with different memories. All filled with the way Emile would look at her. How his sky-blue eyes would show joy, patience, and most of all, love. Whilst at the same time, hints of concern, worry, fear, would be present. Even if it was a small dose of any of those negative emotions, she could tell they were there. However, those emotions only proved to Y/N that Emile cared deeply for her.

  With that being said, fear was not shown in Emile's eyes when Y/N finished her story. Anger, and concern was. Anger towards this Edward character. Anger that he hurt his precious angel. Emile's grip on Y/N tightened. Holding her protectively as if Edward would come in and take her. He'd be dammed if he let that happen. 'That, pathetic waste of a life will never touch her again', Emile thought.

  While dark thoughts clouded his mind of what would be the best way to get back at Edward, if he ever could meet him, and without Y/N being there of course; he felt a small hand touch his cheek. Taming his thoughts, Emile looked over at his wife. Concern replaced his hatred and anger.

Getting back at Edward was suddenly the last thing on his mind. He could do that later, if he ever found out what his goal is. But that can wait too. Right now, his wife had just revealed all the terrors she's been through. And she needs his focus.

So, he held her hand, loosened his grip but continued to hold her close. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry the world wasn't kind to you. I'm sorry that arrogant piece of flesh treated you that way. You don't deserve it. ", he spoke in a whisper, as if he was afraid, she'd shatter like glass. He turned his face to kiss her hand and then kissed her head. "You are so beautiful, worthy of love, and so important to me.'', he leaned back to look her in her teary eyes, "But most of all, I am sorry I wasn't there for you. I promise I will never treat you so horribly."

Y/N believed him, she believed in every word that poured out of his mouth. Emile is a gentle soul, and he is honest with her. She didn't want to think he would be lying to her now. So she didn't think.

The girl looked at her husband for a minute, listening to her heart as she the only thing she felt in the moment was love. Love for this soul whom she met, now a few months ago. So, Y/N acted on that emotion and leaned forward, kissing her husband. Her nabi.

Emile was shocked, his angel made the first move. But that shock ebbed off in a few seconds as pride and love flowed through him. The hand that held hers, brought both of their hands down to the side. Meanwhile his right hand came up to cup his wife's cheek, steadying them and grounding them both as neither of them broke the kiss. In this moment, with both of their eyes closed, the two only felt love for one another.

After a few minutes, Emile could tell his angel would need air. Thus, leading him to slowly pull away, but that didn't mean he wanted to stop. But he also, didn't want to rush things, especially with the fresh wound of Y/N's past being opened back up. So, he instead settled on kissing the side of her neck. As she caught her breath, Emile had already trailed down to her collar bone.

  He only then stopped kissing on her, as he listened to her heartbeat. It was racing faster than any racehorse he had heard of. But he didn't want to tease her or bring it up. Emile knew what being a human was like, so he already acknowledged her breathing and heart rate would spike during a time like this. Nonetheless, hearing her heartbeat had an addicting calming effect on him. He would listen to Y/N's heart all day if she'd let him. Just knowing she was still breathing, and living, calmed him immensely. Knowing he had this effect on her, is a plus.

Y/N opened her eyes slowly and glanced down at Emile; who's head laid on her shoulder. Both of his hands now resting against her waist. The (h/c) haired girl, ran her (s/c) colored hands through the man's hair. Catching a few tangled strands, but ultimately giving up untangling it. She didn't want to hurt her butterfly, even if it would be accidental.

  After Emile had come to, realizing his angel must be tired again, he lifted his head slowly. Giving her time to stop playing with his hair, which he may or may not admit to liking it if she asked later. Not missing the way her cheeks had heated up, he kissed her nose, wanting to kiss her one last time for now. Then, placing his hands under her legs and behind her neck, he picked her up and heading to his bedroom. Bringing back the sheets and laying her down slowly, he spoke with a honey dripping voice, "Get some rest, I'll go prepare dinner."

Y/N, however, didn't think dinner was all that important right now. Because as soon as Emile took a step to leave, she had grabbed his arm and dragged him down onto the bed with her. Closing her eyes, she missed the way his widened as he tried to stable himself. "Stay.", is all she said to the blue haired man.

And that one word, was all he needed to hear from her. Emile slowly changed his position to spoon hold his lover. The two got comfortable as they scooted close and cuddled. Before they both knew it, they soon fell asleep in that position. Feeling nothing but love, safety, and tiredness from the long morning.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N:

Hey guys! Hope you all enjoyed this chapter! Tried to give yall a little treat but at the same time keep things Pg! Lol

Anyways, I don't have much to say this time. Just thank you all for reading, voting and commenting. I say it a lot, but it does mean a lot to me. So again, thank you.

I love you all and hope you all are having a good week! Good luck out there! Stay safe and healthy. And I will see you all next time!

💜💜💜💜💜