Chapter 9

3rd Person P.O.V

After the incident, Emile decided to make the two a nice breakfast. Y/N tried to help, but it was no use. Emile simply refused and told the girl to go sit down and wait. To which she complied with a heavy sigh.

Just as Y/N sat down in the living room, a 'DING' was heard. 'Who could be at the door? thought we were in purgatory?!', Y/N thought to herself. Emile came out from the kitchen and beat the H/C headed girl to the door. As soon as Emile saw who it was through the peephole, he internally panicked. ''Go to the library!", Emile shouted at Y/N.

"Is everything okay? What's wrong?", Y/N asked, standing straight up.

Emile went over and put his hands on the girl's shoulders, looking straight into her eyes. "Listen to me and just do as I say. Go upstairs to the library and go to the bookshelf on the wall, the second shelf from the bottom is where you will find a dark blue book with some gold writing on it. Pull on it and go inside. Stay there, I will come get you out when he is gone."

Y/N's head was buzzing around with thoughts and questions, but she knew that now wasn't the time for that. Whoever was behind that door, wasn't someone she wanted to meet by Emile's expression.

"Okay"

Emile's anxiety and worry lessened a bit upon hearing that word. He smiled softly at the girl before sending her off upstairs. Once he saw she was out of sight, he turned around to open the door.

"Good day Emile, how have these past few days been treating you?", a fair skinned man stood on the other side of the door.

Willing away a panicked look, Emile smiled at the man and let him in. Trying to not sound frantic or annoyed, he kept the charade going, "They have been as good as it gets here in the middle of hell and heaven. And yourself?''.

The curious man walked around the living room in a painstakingly slow pace. Checking out everything to try to find the small piece that doesn't belong to this puzzle. And so, he continued to try to push buttons to see what can set Emile off. "I have been better. But I'm sure you're wondering why I decided to pay you a visit.", he turned around meeting Emile's gaze. His black floral vest and white shirt contrasting the sofa he was now leaning on.

"Very much so."

Putting some black gloves on and sighing the blonde-haired man answered, "Have you heard anything of the news going around? Apparently, there is a human running around purgatory."

"Oh really?", Emile faked a shocked reaction.

"Yes. And I just wanted to see if my old friend was alright. You know how dangerous these humans can be."

Emile had to hold himself back from practically rolling his eyes. Humans aren't dangerous. He didn't think they were. If anything, he thought of them as creatures who fight or flight when their scared. Who wouldn't be scared when there is a corpse standing right in front of you! Heck, y/n fainted when he met her! And she hasn't hurt him yet.

"Thank you for your worry, Brian but I don't need it. I am perfectly capable of defending myself. I'm sure you know that.", Emile sighed.

"Of course, I do! How could I forget with how we first met!", Brian chuckled.

Emile cracked a smile. Brian wasn't a bad guy; he was just on the wrong side of things. After all, he still his friend.

"Yeah, so don't ever forget who can always win in an arm wrestle!''

"Yeah! Clearly that's me!", Brian smiled.

"Oh, you're on ponytail!''

The two laughed as they chatted away the tension in the room.

--------------------------

Y/N's P.O.V

I did as Emile had asked. I found the secret room...but now here I am with no idea how to escape. You know, just in case something bad happened.

I continued to walk down the long staircase; beautiful small lights hung from the top of the hallway ceiling lighting my way. When I reached the end of the staircase, I was rendered speechless. It looked like a small garden out of avatar or some movie. There was a mix of small fireflies and butterflies coming in and out of a small circular window.

I stepped out onto the dark green grass gasping when the grass under my foot lit up with every step I took. The flowers that scattered around changed colors. When I felt curious, I had noticed that they were shades of orange; but now that curiosity turned into a sense of serenity, making the flowers now shades of violet.

The walls had some vines growing on them. On the left side wall, there was a bench covered in vines and smaller flowers. In the middle stood a white grand piano. The fairy lights around the room made it glow with a rainbow gleam on it. Some vines and grass were crawling up it making it look as if it grew out of the ground.

"This room is easily the most beautiful room I have seen in my life", I spoke softly not wanting to take away the peace and quiet atmosphere.

I proceeded to take a seat on the piano bench and gently run my hands over the keys.

My parents forced me to learn how to play instruments, when I was younger, for them to enjoy and gossip to others about. However, being forced only made me sad when I played. Perhaps if I wasn't forced to be perfect for them, then I could've enjoyed playing these beautifully crafted pieces of wood. But since that wasn't the case, I made sure to forget how to play when I grew up.

It's not like I could play right now anyways, someone could hear me if the walls aren't soundproof. So, with the flowers now different shades of yellow, I got up and moved to lay down on the bench by the wall. Where I drifted to sleep, waiting on Emile to come get me.

--------------------------

Thank you for everyone who has been reading this fanfic! We've gotten to 1k reads! Of course not all the people stayed but that's okay! I'm just happy so many have given it a chance! So thank you! I love you guys very much and hope y'all have a good day/night! ❤️