Chapter 4

Y/N P.O.V

When I finally came to my senses from that horrid memory, I looked up to find myself lost.

Great. Just my luck. Lost in the dark woods. I thought. I sighed

I focused my attention on circular shaped piece of silver in my hand....

Edwards' wedding ring.

..."UGH!" I screamed while throwing it in the dirt.

"YOU RUINED MY LIFE! ALL I WANTED IS FOR MY-''

"My..",I remembered the shocked expression my moms' face held when I left. I cleared my throat only continuing in a whisper. "my mom to be happy.'' I looked back at the ring, slowly walking over to it and picking it back up. "I'm sorry.'' I said to no one in particular.

"HaHaHa", a high-pitched voice cracked up.

Whipping my head back, I looked to see crows on the tree branches. When did they get there? How long-

Before I could finish thinking, another flock of crows came and rested

And then some more

And some more

Soon I was surrounded by millions of them. They kept crowing at me, it seemed that their laughing had turned into distressed calls. Almost like they were trying to warn me of something. I was starting to get annoyed, scared, and made a run for it.

Thud!

"OW!", I help my foot as it suddenly now ached in pain.

I looked down to see that I had tripped on a stupid tree branch that was sticking out of the ground. Muttering under my breath, I checked to see if I got any more scars. Which, I did. I did not have the most graceful landing as I could tell the ground scratched my arm.

Standing up, I held my arm and walked over to the branch. "My-my ring..."

It had fell out of my pocket and landed right next to the branch which now seemed oddly similar to a hand. I sighed in frustration, and hurt. Could today get any worse?

I started to reflect on everything that happened today. I remembered coming to these woods and picking small flowers, Edward would shout at me for coming home late. And then shout at me again for leaving muddy footprints.

For some reason, I laughed at that. Edward is ridiculous, especially when my mom would be over and he couldn't do anything to me.

I picked up the ring and started reciting my vows. I had every word and sentence down to a T. However, when I was at the alter, with Edward, everything became too real. As I got so nervous around him that I stuttered and messed up the vows.

When did things get this bad? I questioned myself.

I finished singing my vows to myself and smiled as I put the ring on the branch. I couldn't but help to keep my smile on as I thought of what would have happened if I married someone who did love me.

My smile faded as the branch started to move. My mind went blank and I grew even more scared when the branch had turned into some sort of hand, grabbing the ground. It was trying to lift something, or someone, out of the ground. I was just trying to get out of there.

I scooted away but my back made me stop as I had hit a tree.

I scanned the body that was now towering over me. It was a male, with fair skin, vibrant light blue eyes and dark blue hair. He was wearing a clean but old tux, it was if he wasn't buried a few years ago. I only say, buried since this man literally rose from the ground. LIKE A ZoMBiE!

He swept some wisps of his smooth hair out of his face and smiled at me. "I do.", a deep yet soft voice came out of his throat.

This was all too much for me, as my leg still hurt from tripping on this dudes'- no!- the branch. I realize now I might have hurt it too and with a badly scratched arm I knew I couldn't do a whole lot.

So what did I do?..

Faint.