twelveee

flowpan (flopin)

For a cursed city, the City had pretty good food.

As we ate, the priestess thanked us again and again for breaking the curse.

I chewed on a piece of bread, "What exactly was your curse?"

The priestess wrinkled her nose, "Well... One day, there was this person in an owl costume. He came to the City and cursed us - he placed that object," she nodded towards the Dofus Chibi was holding, "in the center of the village. It started to suck the wakfu out of everything here - flowers, trees, people..." she shuddered.

"But we didn't die," she continued, playing with a piece of bread, "we turned into... things."

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Chibi wince. Sympathy washed over me as I remembered he was the only one who saw what the priestess had become.

"But touching the object might have released the wakfu back," the priestess observed thoughtfully.

I glanced at the sky. It was getting light. I stood up, "We have to go soon, otherwise we'll be stuck in here forever."

The priestess blinked, "Oh, no. That only applied when the City was still cursed. You can stay as long as you want, but you're free to go as well."

I slowly sat down, "Really?"

The priestess popped the bread she was holding in her mouth, "Of course. That way tourists can come and go freely."

I glanced at Elely and we had the same thought, Tourists?

The priestess stood up, brushing the crumbs off her robes, "Now I'll leave you and check on my City." and then she walked off.

Grougal glanced at the Dofus and then at me, "I think it'll be best if we found out more about the Dofus we almost died to rescue."

For a moment, I wondered what he wanted me to do. Then I remembered Mina 2.0 was in my pocket.

I pulled her out and set her on the table. I pressed the button and the hologram of Mina appeared.

"Mina," I took the Dofus from Chibi, "can you tell us about this Dofus?"

Mina 2.0 cocked her head at the Dofus. The face she made was almost human, "That Dofus belongs to King Chibi the Eliatrope and Grougaloragran the Dragon."

"King?" Elely scratched her head, "I thought Yugo was the king."

Chibi looked down at his toes.

"King Chibi, also known as the Prophet King," Mina 2.0 said to Elely, "was the first king of the Eliatropes. King Yugo was his successor after he sensed his death was near. Chibi passed away before the Mechasms attacked."

The priestess entered the room again with a cup of tea. I instinctively closed Mina 2.0 and stuffed it back in my pocket.

"Uh, ma'am?" I said to the priestess. I just realized she didn't tell us her name, "Do you know other places where Dofus like the one you had here are?"

The priestess slurped her tea. She seemed to like me calling her 'ma'am', "Well... I heard rumors that there's an anonymous auction held in the Sram Kingdom, and the main prize is two eggs that are said to have an unlimited power source."

Chibi gasped, horrified, "They must be the Dofus! We can't let them get sold on auction! There are people inside those eggs! What happens if they hatch?"

Grougal nodded grimly, "Precisely. That's why we have to get the Dofus before they get sold."

I murmured in agreement while Elely asked, "Do you have a Zaap portal somewhere?"

The priestess sipped her tea again, "Yes, in the middle of the town square, near where you acquired the Dofus."

"Thanks for your hospitality, but now," I pushed my chair in, "We have to go to stop this auction."

a/n: short chapter