•Seventeen•

Word Count: 1009

Warnings: Cussing, injuries, mention of delusions, heterosexual implication (it scares me sometimes).

Song for chapter 17 - "Mr. Brightside" by The Killers.

***

"SHIT!" I shot up with a gasp. I looked around to see that I was in an unfamiliar sickeningly white room. It looked like a hospital. I groaned remembering what happened, however I don't know how things led to me ending up here.

My head started to pound a little and I yelped and grasped the back of my head to feel some sort of soft fabric. I slowly got up, wincing, because my muscles seemed stiff. I went for the door knob, but ended up getting the door smacked into my face.

"GODDAMN IT!" I clutched my head.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry! What are you doing out of bed? You should lay back down, I need to check your bandages." A nurse led me back to the bed. She had brown hair with a bit of grey here and there. I assumed she was in her 30s.

"Why am I here?" I questioned her.

"I was told that you were walking down a corridor and suddenly fainted, hitting your head hard on the ground." She explained.

"I don't- I don't remember being at school. I was home." I furrowed my eyebrows.

"It's worse than I thought. You must have gotten delusions due to you damaging your head." The nurse rambled as she checked other random minor bandages I had. I noticed there were napkins on the counter that was a little out of reach from the bed.

"Who told you about the incident?" I asked.

"It was a blonde haired girl. I would have asked for her name, but we were both in a hurry to get you here and then she hurried off somewhere. If you see her around be sure to thank her, usually the students here wouldn't spare a glance. You kids are quite weird these days." She rambled yet again. I subtly rolled my eyes.

"Well, your bruises are in a better condition than yesterday. Unfortunately, you will have to stay here for a bit, you can't go home yet. If it'll take too long, I will consider moving you to the hospital. Your parents have already visited and they said that they will visit again soon."

"...Have there been any other visitors?"

"Yeah, actually. They said that their names were Alyssa and Richie and they are your friends. Do you know them?" She asked me.

"I know them. When did they visit and will they be coming back again?"

"The boy came yesterday, way earlier than the girl, and stayed longer too. The girl was here yesterday too, but she was here for a short amount of time."

So...Richie and Alyssa were here. Well, no shit, but why?

"I'll go get you some food. Don't wander around."

Wait, but how did they allow me to stay overnight? And what if I had an emergency, was the nurse here overnight too? Well, this town isn't rich, so it's understandable why they resorted to this, but this town literally couldn't give less of a shit about people's wellbeing, so why now? I didn't stand out whatsoever, I didn't deserve special treatment. It seemed that my parents were fine with this too, which is weird, they wouldn't want to bother the school. They would have probably taken me home and took care of me however they could.

I flinched when I heard a knock on the door, because it had been silent since the nurse left.

"Come in...?" That is such a weird phrase, I hate saying it.

The door opened and in came Jesus.

Just kidding, it was Richie.

"Hey, Richie." I greeted him when he closed the door behind him.

"Hey, how's it going?"

"Well, I hit my head and the nurse basically called me delusional, so great, I guess." I sarcastically replied. A subtle ringing appeared as a background noise.

"You missed out o- whoa, hey! Your nose is bleeding!" Richie quickly reacted, observing the room and then heading straight for the napkins that were on the counter. I put my hand under my nose to check and, in fact, it really was bleeding. Before I could take the napkin, Richie put it to my nose. I smacked his hand away and took the napkin myself.

"Heey! You lied to me when you said you were doing great!" He joked in his British voice as I tried to clean my bloody nose.

"You know, now that I think about it you've not given up the voices and it's been many years. It's kind of starting to get annoying." I said after I got rid of the blood and leaned my head forwards.

"Aha! Got you. Ya know, the others got annoyed very fast, but you seemed to break last." Richie grinned.

"What about Alyssa?"

"Oh trust me, she was very annoyed. She rolls her eyes all the time. By the way, uh, you two seem kind of closer lately. Did something happen?" He wiggled his eyebrows and hesitantly smiled.

"What?! No! I- No. We've just talked about personal things." For some reason, the idea of liking Alyssa almost made me scoff.

"Wait, you didn't tell her about IT, did you?" Richie's half-assed smiled immediately dropped. I wanted to say no, but maybe that was better to explain than what actually happened? No, I'll just lie or not say anything at all.

"No, I didn't."

Richie slumped his shoulders and for some reason Richie didn't say anything, so it was a short awkward silence before the nurse interrupted it by coming in with the food she had promised.

"Oh, I see that your friend came. I'll just leave the food and go-"

"I was just about to leave." Richie suddenly spoke, his voice lower than normal, standing up and walking over to the door.

"See you later." He shortly bid his goodbye.

"Bye..." I tried to say, but he had already left the room.

"Well then, go ahead eat up. I'll give you medicine after." She commanded me and I sighed, not really feeling hungry, but taking the food anyway.

***

Woo